The very appearance nbsallastar.com redirect is a classic sign of ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which installed on your personal computer. Moreover, the adware can lead to the internet browser freezing/crash, delays when starting a new browser window or delays when viewing a web page on the Web. I think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your system. You need to follow the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to get rid of nbsallastar.com advertisements and clean your computer from the ad supported software using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
The malicious software from the adware family that modifies the settings of internet browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the browser, instead of your start page, you will see the unwanted nbsallastar.com advertisements.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of advertisements, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. So, the nbsallastar.com is just one of the many web pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or reroute the browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites. Moreover, the ad-supported software can substitute the legitimate advertisements on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit dangerous web-pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your PC system from nbsallastar.com ads ASAP, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to completely get rid of the reroute to nbsallastar.com unwanted web site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does nbsallastar.com ads get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove nbsallastar.com advertisements
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to remove the nbsallastar.com . Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your computer.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Uninstall nbsallastar.com ads from Google Chrome
- Remove nbsallastar.com ads from Firefox
- Remove nbsallastar.com ads from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove nbsallastar.com redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Uninstall nbsallastar.com ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s homepage and search engine by default that have been modified by ad-supported software.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove nbsallastar.com ads from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove nbsallastar.com ads from Internet Explorer
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the nbsallastar.com unwanted page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove nbsallastar.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ad supported software can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an annoying pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad-supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your personal computer, it will open the nbsallastar.com annoying web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ software.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. This opens a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click Enter. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://nbsallastar.com” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ software, then this task also can be safely removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove nbsallastar.com ads automatically
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely get rid of nbsallastar.com popup ads from the infected PC. This is because the ‘ad-supported’ software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and uninstall completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the ad-supported software again infect your system and it will begin to show unwanted nbsallastar.com pop-up ads. Moreover, I want to note that it is not always safe to delete adware manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the PC system.
I suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer. It is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you delete browser hijackers, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
Now, click the link below to download Malwarebytes Free on your PC. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Next, run the setup file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the following image, click the Yes button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is done successfully, press Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your PC for the ad-supported software that cause a redirect to nbsallastar.com. When a malware is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your personal computer. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button. The Malwarebytes will begin removing nbsallastar.com redirect and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes application to remove ad supported software and other malware.
How to stop nbsallastar.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, nbsallastar.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with nbsallastar.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of nbsallastar.com ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software which generates the nbsallastar.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove ad-supported software with AdwCleaner.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for nbsallastar.com advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted nbsallastar.com popup ads.