Are you seeing Minehp.com homepage in the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge every time you open the web-browser? This means that your personal computer is infected with hijacker infection that modifies the settings of the browsers like the home page, newtab page and search provider by default. Currently, this hijacker are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find freeware, download and install them on the PC without proper attention to the fact that the browser hijacker infection can penetrate into the system along with them.
A malicious software that changes the settings of web-browsers on Minehp.com search usually affects only Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Minehp.com browser hijacker may modify the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your startpage, you will see a completely different web-page.
The Minehp.com browser hijacker may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Web. The reason for this is that the Minehp.com search results may display tons of ads. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
The Minehp.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, modifies web-browser settings, and blocks them from changing. Also this internet browser hijacker infection can install additional browser addons, extensions and modules that will open advertisements and popups. And finally, the Minehp.com hijacker can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-sites you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. Therefore it is very important to clean your computer ASAP and thereby get rid of Minehp.com , as well as other malware and adware, which can be installed onto your system along with it.
How did you get infected with Minehp.com browser hijacker
How to manually remove Minehp.com
If you perform exactly the step-by-step instructions below you should be able to remove the Minehp.com redirect. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC system.
- Uninstall Minehp.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Uninstall Minehp.com redirect from Firefox
- Uninstall Minehp.com from Chrome
- Delete Minehp.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Minehp.com search
Uninstall Minehp.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the application that causes the appearance of annoying ads or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Uninstall Minehp.com redirect from Firefox
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Uninstall Minehp.com from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as_shown and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Delete Minehp.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Minehp.com startpage
Once installed, this browser hijacker may add “http://www.minehp.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will open the unwanted homepage.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://www.minehp.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
How to delete Minehp.com with Antimalware
Delete Minehp.com hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for Minehp.com browser hijacker. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
Stop Minehp.com and other annoying web pages
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted advertising and malicious web-sites, you need to use an program that stops access to dangerous advertising banners and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
Follow the prompts. After installation is finished, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Minehp.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Minehp.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Minehp.com browser hijacker infection.
- Once the scan is finished, the AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Minehp.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Minehp.com removal.