Have you become that your internet browser randomly shows ext.show-fanatic.com, instead of the one you want to see? It’s a sign that you have an installed adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) on your PC system. The ad supported software is a part of dangerous software that created to open a ton of unwanted ads. Use the guide below as soon as possible. It will clear your PC from adware that generates a huge number of pop-up ads in the browser and thereby get rid of the redirect to ext.show-fanatic.com web site.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the system for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the web-browser, you will see an annoying ext.show-fanatic.com page.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large number of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the internet browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your computer, that will replace your start page with an unwanted web-site.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your browser on the ext.show-fanatic.com unwanted site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your system.
How does ext.show-fanatic.com advertisements get installed onto system
How to manually remove ext.show-fanatic.com ads
Without a doubt, the adware is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this dangerous software. To uninstall this adware, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing dangerous software, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to remove ext.show-fanatic.com easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in PC system or in the case where adware is not removed automatically.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of ext.show-fanatic.com pop-up ads from FF
- Remove ext.show-fanatic.com popup ads from Chrome
- Uninstall ext.show-fanatic.com pop-up ads from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove ext.show-fanatic.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate annoying ads and redirect your browser to ext.show-fanatic.com web page. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of ext.show-fanatic.com pop-up ads from FF
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto ext.show-fanatic.com advertisements.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove ext.show-fanatic.com popup ads from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to ext.show-fanatic.com unwanted advertisements which is caused by the ad supported software.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Uninstall ext.show-fanatic.com pop-up ads from IE
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove ext.show-fanatic.com redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will open the ext.show-fanatic.com unwanted web-site.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying ext.show-fanatic.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This opens a small window that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click Enter. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following image.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://ext.show-fanatic.com”, then you need get rid of it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the malicious software, then this task also can be safely removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove ext.show-fanatic.com popup ads with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
Remove ext.show-fanatic.com ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal program. It can automatically detect and get rid of the adware of the your PC. Moreover, this free application will help you to remove internet browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your system may be infected too. You can follow the instructions below to remove the ext.show-fanatic.com unwanted pop-up ads completely.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your personal computer.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for the adware which causes the redirect to ext.show-fanatic.com web site. This task can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing the ad supported software related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to stop ext.show-fanatic.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, ext.show-fanatic.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with ext.show-fanatic.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the ext.show-fanatic.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the ext.show-fanatic.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for ext.show-fanatic.com redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying ext.show-fanatic.com redirect.