Have you opened the browser and found a previously unseen site called Isearch.nation.com? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that your computer is infected with browser hijacker. The browser hijacker is a type of malicious software that changes your PC’s web-browser settings so that you are redirected to an annoying page. You need to follow the instructions below as quickly as possible to get rid of Isearch.nation.com homepage and block the ability to penetrate of more malicious viruses and trojans on your system.
A malicious software that changes the settings of browsers on Isearch.nation.com search usually affects only Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The Isearch.nation.com hijacker may change the Target property of web-browser’s shortcuts, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your homepage, you will see a completely different web-site.
The Isearch.nation.com browser hijacker infection may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Internet. The reason for this is that the Isearch.nation.com search results may open lots of ads, links to malicious and misleading sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Often, the computer, that has been infected with Isearch.nation.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware, which will open a huge number of various advertisements. This may be pop-ups, text links in the web pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertising links with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-sites.
How can you prevent the Isearch.nation.com browser hijacker
How to manually remove Isearch.nation.com
This step-by-step guide will help you remove Isearch.nation.com search. These Isearch.nation.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Get rid of Isearch.nation.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Isearch.nation.com homepage from Firefox
- Remove Isearch.nation.com startpage from Chrome
- Remove Isearch.nation.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Isearch.nation.com startpage
Get rid of Isearch.nation.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the dangerous applications such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted programs can delete the annoying advertising links or browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Remove Isearch.nation.com homepage from Firefox
First, start the Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Isearch.nation.com startpage from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been changed by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Isearch.nation.com redirect from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Isearch.nation.com browser hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s home page to default state.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Isearch.nation.com
Once installed, this browser hijacker may add “http://isearch.nation.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will show the unwanted homepage.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://isearch.nation.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
How to get rid of Isearch.nation.com with Antimalware
Manual removal Isearch.nation.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for the hijacker removal scan. It will begin scanning your PC for the browser hijacker which redirects your web-browser to the Isearch.nation.com annoying web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click the “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Isearch.nation.com
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted advertising and malicious web sites, you need to use program that blocks access to harmful advertising banners and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Isearch.nation.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Isearch.nation.com homepage is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Isearch.nation.com browser hijacker infection.
- Once the scan is finished, the AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Isearch.nation.com homepage removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Isearch.nation.com removal.