The survey.1541.ws is a ‘ad-supported’ site. if this page popping up in your browser then most probably that your computer is infected with adware. It is a type of malicious software that designed to open a huge number of annoying ads. Unlike viruses, the adware will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because, it will infect your PC, get full access to your web-browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and be able to change their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your browser settings will be changed, you will be redirected to unwanted advertisements, some of which can lead to dangerous or misleading web-sites. For this reason, we recommend that you begin the clean up of your system as quickly as possible and thereby get rid of survey.1541.ws advertising links.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the browser, you will see an annoying survey.1541.ws site.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a huge number of ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your system, that will replace your homepage with an unwanted web page.
So, obviously, you need to remove the adware as soon as possible. Use the free instructions below. This guide will help you clean your system and remove the survey.1541.ws unwanted ads.
How does survey.1541.ws ads get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove survey.1541.ws redirect
Without a doubt, the adware is harmful to your computer. So you need to quickly and completely uninstall this malicious software. To remove this adware, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing dangerous applications, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to delete survey.1541.ws ads easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in PC or in the case where adware is not removed automatically.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of survey.1541.ws redirect
- Remove survey.1541.ws pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove survey.1541.ws pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove survey.1541.ws redirect from IE
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of survey.1541.ws redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open the survey.1541.ws unwanted web-site.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove survey.1541.ws pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab page and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove survey.1541.ws pop-up ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto survey.1541.ws ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove survey.1541.ws redirect from IE
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the survey.1541.ws unwanted web-page.
How to remove survey.1541.ws automatically
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely get rid of popup ads from the infected computer. This is because the ad supported software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and get rid of completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the ad supported software again infect your PC and it will begin to open annoying survey.1541.ws ads. Moreover, I want to note that it is not always safe to remove the adware manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the system.
I suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your system. The Anti-malware is an advanced malware removal program developed by MalwareBytes. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of browser hijackers, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
Now, click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free on your PC. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Next, launch the setup file named mbam-setup. When a “Security warning” prompt pops up as shown in the figure below, click the Run button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” dialog box that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC for the ad supported software that cause a redirect to survey.1541.ws. When a malware is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your system. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will begin removing survey.1541.ws ads and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Anti-malware to remove adware and other malware.
How to block survey.1541.ws pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, survey.1541.ws redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with survey.1541.ws advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the survey.1541.ws , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the survey.1541.ws ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for survey.1541.ws removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying survey.1541.ws redirect.