The appearance of unwanted sj.xdirectx.com pop-up ads in your browser means that your computer is infected with an adware. It makes changes to the system settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the PC is turned on. Immediately after startup, the adware begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert advertisements directly into the open windows of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. So, if you notice that your browser has become display this website, then you do not need to wait , you need to follow the instructions below and remove sj.xdirectx.com ads ASAP.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the browser to see sj.xdirectx.com annoying ads.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. So, the sj.xdirectx.com is just one of the many sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of advertising links, or reroute the web-browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their sites, so the creators of ad supported software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the guide below to get rid of ad supported software and clean your system from the sj.xdirectx.com redirect. What is more, the guide will help you remove other dangerous software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the computer along with the adware.
How does sj.xdirectx.com advertising get installed onto system
Disregarding the basic computer security practices such as no antivirus software installed, installation of unknown software and freeware which may be bundled with adware, as well as computer virus infection are the possible causes of tons of advertising banners within the screen of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, random visits to an unknown and untrusted web pages, when you click on the search results from Google (Yahoo, Bing) or links on the Internet, when the system is not protected with a application that may block access to malicious sites, it can also lead to the fact that instead of your startpage, the internet browser will be redirected to sj.xdirectx.com or other advertising web-sites.
How to manually remove sj.xdirectx.com ads
This useful removal guide for the sj.xdirectx.com . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove sj.xdirectx.com popup ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove sj.xdirectx.com redirect
- Delete sj.xdirectx.com ads from Chrome
- Uninstall sj.xdirectx.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete sj.xdirectx.com advertisements from IE
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove sj.xdirectx.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will display the sj.xdirectx.com annoying web-page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Delete sj.xdirectx.com ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Uninstall sj.xdirectx.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto sj.xdirectx.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete sj.xdirectx.com advertisements from IE
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the sj.xdirectx.com unwanted web site.
How to remove sj.xdirectx.com ads with Antimalware
Delete sj.xdirectx.com advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the sj.xdirectx.com annoying site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to stop sj.xdirectx.com pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sj.xdirectx.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove sj.xdirectx.com advertisements and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the unwanted sj.xdirectx.com within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the ad supported software which opens the advertisements from sj.xdirectx.com page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC.
When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for sj.xdirectx.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying sj.xdirectx.com redirect.