The cross-news.org is a ad web-page which is loaded into your web-browser with the help of adware. The adware may modify the settings of browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge or install a malicious browser extension, which created to generate a lot of annoying pop-up ads. It will lead to the fact that when you open the web-browser or surfing the World Wide Web, it will always be forced to display cross-news.org advertisements, even when your browser is configured to stop pop-up ads or your PC has a program that stops advertisements. On current date, the ad supported software continues to increase the number of PCs that have been infected.
Most often, the adware affects the most common internet browsers such as the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you start the internet browser, it will reroute to the annoying cross-news.org page. Even if you setup a new startpage, an unwanted web-site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
The ad supported software may insert a huge number of advertising links directly to the sites that you visit, creating a sense that the ads has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake advertising links, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We recommend to get rid of the adware, which redirects your browser on the cross-news.org annoying web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your system.
How does cross-news.org ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove cross-news.org redirect
If you perform exactly the step-by-step instructions below you should be able to remove the cross-news.org ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your personal computer.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove cross-news.org redirect
- Remove cross-news.org advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove cross-news.org redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove cross-news.org popup ads from IE
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove cross-news.org redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open the cross-news.org annoying site.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove cross-news.org advertisements from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to cross-news.org unwanted ads which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove cross-news.org redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto cross-news.org ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove cross-news.org popup ads from IE
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the cross-news.org annoying site.
Remove cross-news.org with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
Delete cross-news.org popup ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal program. It can automatically detect and remove the ad supported software of the your computer. Moreover, this free application will help you to delete internet browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow the guide below to remove the cross-news.org annoying ads completely.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your system.
Once installation is complete, you will see window like below.
Now press on the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the ad supported software which causes the redirect to cross-news.org page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing the ad supported software related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block cross-news.org pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertising links and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, cross-news.org redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with cross-news.org advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the cross-news.org , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 4, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the cross-news.org advertising links.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for cross-news.org removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying cross-news.org redirect.