The appearance of Searchinme.com homepage in your browser means that your computer is infected with browser hijacker, which makes changes to the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge settings, replacing the home page, newtab page and search provider by default. So, if you find that when you start your browser, it opens this annoying site, then you do not need to wait , you need to follow the instructions below and get rid of Searchinme.com search as quickly as possible.
A malicious software that changes the settings of web-browsers on Searchinme.com usually affects only Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Searchinme.com hijacker may change the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your homepage, you will see a completely different page.
In addition, the Searchinme.com browser hijacker infection can also change the search engine selected in the web-browser. When you try to search on the infected internet browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of ads and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading web-sites.
Often, the PC, that has been infected with Searchinme.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware, which will open lots of various advertisements. This may be pop-ups, text links in the sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertising links with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web pages.
How to Searchinme.com browser hijacker get installed onto system
How to manually remove Searchinme.com
Without a doubt, the hijacker infection is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To uninstall this hijacker, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing malicious applications, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to remove Searchinme.com search easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in PC system or in the case where browser hijacker is not removed automatically.
- Get rid of Searchinme.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Searchinme.com startpage
- Remove Searchinme.com search from Chrome
- Remove Searchinme.com search from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Searchinme.com redirect from Internet Explorer
Get rid of Searchinme.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertising links or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Searchinme.com redirect
Once installed, this browser hijacker may add “http://searchinme.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will display the annoying home page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://searchinme.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Searchinme.com search from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been changed by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web-browser’s start page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Searchinme.com search from Mozilla Firefox
First, start the Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Searchinme.com redirect from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to get rid of Searchinme.com with Antimalware
Manual removal Searchinme.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for the browser hijacker removal scan. It will begin scanning your system for the hijacker which redirects your internet browser to the Searchinme.com unwanted web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click the “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your personal computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Searchinme.com
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted ads and dangerous web sites, you need to use application that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Searchinme.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Searchinme.com browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Searchinme.com browser hijacker infection and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC system.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Searchinme.com homepage removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Searchinme.com removal.