The Discretesearch.com is hijacker from the family of browser hijackers that changes the settings of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. It will lead to the fact that when you start a web-browser, it will always be forced to open Discretesearch.com page, even as your homepage has been set to a completely different page. On current date, the hijacker continues to increase the number of computers that have been infected.
The Discretesearch.com browser hijacker infection usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker will perform a scan of the PC for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘https://www.discretesearch.com/’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web-browser, you will see the Discretesearch.com annoying web-site.
The Discretesearch.com browser hijacker may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Internet. The reason for this is that the Discretesearch.com search results may open a huge number of ads, links to malicious and misleading sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Although, Discretesearch.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it changes the settings of your internet browser. Moreover, with this hijacker infection, an adware can be additionally installed on to your system, that will display a huge number of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. Often such advertising links may recommend to install other unknown and unwanted software or visit malicious web pages. So, it’s very important to clean your computer as quickly as possible. The guide, which is shown below, will allow you to get rid of Discretesearch.com homepage from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and other browsers.
How to Discretesearch.com hijacker get installed onto system
Most commonly, the Discretesearch.com browser hijacker is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free programs is a a good chance that you will find some bundled browser hijacker. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown program. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your system such as this browser hijacker.
How to manually remove Discretesearch.com
This guide will help you remove Discretesearch.com search. These Discretesearch.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your personal computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Uninstall Discretesearch.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Discretesearch.com
- Uninstall Discretesearch.com from Chrome
- Remove Discretesearch.com startpage from FF
- Remove Discretesearch.com homepage from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Discretesearch.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Discretesearch.com search
During the installation, this hijacker may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding “https://www.discretesearch.com/” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will display this annoying web-site.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “https://www.discretesearch.com/” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Uninstall Discretesearch.com from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been changed by the Discretesearch.com hijacker.
First start the Chrome. Next press on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press the “Reset” button. The browser will begin the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser’s settings including start page and search provider by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove Discretesearch.com startpage from FF
If the Firefox settings such as homepage, new tab page and search engine by default have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, launch the Firefox and click button to open the Tools menu. It opens the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Discretesearch.com hijacker. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Discretesearch.com homepage from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will uninstall Discretesearch.com browser hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s homepage to default state.
How to remove Discretesearch.com with Antimalware
Manual removal Discretesearch.com search requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free application will help you to delete malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 3, 2015
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for the browser hijacker infection removal scan. It will start scanning your system for the infection which redirects your browser to the Discretesearch.com unwanted web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press the “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Discretesearch.com startpage
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertising links and malicious web sites, you need to use program that blocks access to dangerous advertising links and sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Discretesearch.com, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Get rid of Discretesearch.com browser hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 3, 2016
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the image below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Discretesearch.com hijacker and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report as shown in the figure below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Discretesearch.com redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Discretesearch.com removal.