The appearance of Searches.safehomepage.com homepage in your web-browser means that your personal computer is infected with hijacker infection, which makes changes to the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge settings, replacing the home page, newtab page and search provider by default. So, if you find that when you open your browser, it displays this annoying web-page, then you do not need to wait , you need to follow the step-by-step instructions below and get rid of Searches.safehomepage.com search ASAP.
A malicious software that modifies the settings of web-browsers on Searches.safehomepage.com usually affects only Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Searches.safehomepage.com hijacker may modify the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your startpage, you will see a completely different page.
The Searches.safehomepage.com browser hijacker infection may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Web. The reason for this is that the Searches.safehomepage.com search results may open tons of advertising, links to malicious and misleading web-sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing.
We suggest you to remove Searches.safehomepage.com search and clean your PC as quickly as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide below that will allow you to completely remove Searches.safehomepage.com search, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How to Searches.safehomepage.com browser hijacker get installed onto system
How to manually remove Searches.safehomepage.com
This step-by-step guide will help you uninstall Searches.safehomepage.com startpage. These Searches.safehomepage.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove Searches.safehomepage.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Searches.safehomepage.com redirect
- Remove Searches.safehomepage.com from Chrome
- Delete Searches.safehomepage.com homepage from Firefox
- Delete Searches.safehomepage.com from Internet Explorer
Remove Searches.safehomepage.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Searches.safehomepage.com
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your internet browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the Searches.safehomepage.com or other annoying web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you start your browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://searches.safehomepage.com/” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown below. Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Searches.safehomepage.com web-site or any other unwanted web-pages. Once the step is complete, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Searches.safehomepage.com from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the start page and search provider by default that have been modified by the Searches.safehomepage.com browser hijacker.
First launch the Chrome. Next click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown on the image below and press the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press the “Reset” button. The web-browser will begin the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser’s settings including homepage, new tab page and search engine by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Delete Searches.safehomepage.com homepage from Firefox
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Searches.safehomepage.com from Internet Explorer
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to delete Searches.safehomepage.com with Antimalware
Delete Searches.safehomepage.com browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for Searches.safehomepage.com hijacker. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
Stop Searches.safehomepage.com and other annoying web sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertising links and malicious sites, you need to use an application that stops access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown on the image below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Searches.safehomepage.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Searches.safehomepage.com homepage is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 28, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Searches.safehomepage.com hijacker.
- Once the scan is done, the AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Searches.safehomepage.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Searches.safehomepage.com removal.