If you find that your browser has become open the unwanted s.clikuex.com advertisements then it is a sign that your system is infected with malicious software from the adware family. The adware is a form of unwanted software that can open a a lot of ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it may redirect the browser on malicious and misleading pages. Also, if you seeing that the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge tries to load an unknown site, when you try to open a long-known page, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in browser’s address bar. You need as quickly as possible following the guide below and clean your PC from adware that will get rid of the redirect to s.clikuex.com and other annoying advertisements.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the system for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the web-browser, you will see an unwanted s.clikuex.com web-site.
What is more, the ad supported software may display advertising links depend on a site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this ad supported software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to remove ad supported software and clean your computer from s.clikuex.com ads as quickly as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide below that will allow you to completely remove the reroute to s.clikuex.com annoying web page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does s.clikuex.com advertising links get installed onto system
How to manually remove s.clikuex.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove s.clikuex.com ads from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove s.clikuex.com redirect
- Uninstall s.clikuex.com redirect from Google Chrome
- Delete s.clikuex.com from Firefox
- Remove s.clikuex.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of annoying ads and browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove s.clikuex.com redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will reroute to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Uninstall s.clikuex.com redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by ad supported software.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete s.clikuex.com from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto s.clikuex.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove s.clikuex.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove s.clikuex.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal s.clikuex.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free programs will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for adware removal scan. It will begin scanning your system for the ad supported software which redirects your internet browser to the s.clikuex.com annoying site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to stop s.clikuex.com popup ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, s.clikuex.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with s.clikuex.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the s.clikuex.com pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the s.clikuex.com advertising links.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for s.clikuex.com advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying s.clikuex.com .