There are many types of malware and one of them is ad supported software. The adware, which causes the appearance of resources.infolinks.com redirect, have a negative impact on the functioning of your PC system. It changes PC settings, generates a large number of various ads, slows down the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and the speed of your internet connection. Moreover, it may lead to the fact that pages are slow to load and the browser interface can even freeze. The main function of the ad supported software is showing advertisements, so it may redirect your internet browser to an annoying web-site like resources.infolinks.com, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to type an address into the browser’s address bar, then the web-browser is anyway will show an unwanted ad site.
The adware usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the system for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the internet browser, you will see an unwanted resources.infolinks.com web page.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a huge number of ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the adware, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your computer, that will replace your start page with an unwanted web-site.
We recommend to get rid of the adware, which redirects your browser on the resources.infolinks.com annoying web-page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your system.
How does resources.infolinks.com advertising get installed onto system
How to manually remove resources.infolinks.com
This guide will help you remove resources.infolinks.com ads. These resources.infolinks.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete resources.infolinks.com redirect
- Get rid of resources.infolinks.com redirect in Google Chrome
- Remove resources.infolinks.com pop-up ads from FF
- Delete resources.infolinks.com ads from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of annoying ads and browser redirect to unwanted sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete resources.infolinks.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an annoying pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of resources.infolinks.com redirect in Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove resources.infolinks.com pop-up ads from FF
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete resources.infolinks.com ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove resources.infolinks.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal resources.infolinks.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and display the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your personal computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the resources.infolinks.com annoying page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to stop resources.infolinks.com redirect
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, resources.infolinks.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with resources.infolinks.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the resources.infolinks.com pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: April 24, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the resources.infolinks.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for resources.infolinks.com advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying resources.infolinks.com .