If the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge shows the b.scorecardresearch.com unwanted web site then most probably that your PC system is infected with an ad supported software. This adware changes the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge settings to open a large number of annoying advertising on all pages, including web-sites where previously you ads have never seen. These advertisements can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. What is more, the ad supported software, that displays the b.scorecardresearch.com advertisements, may cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your internet browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
The adware can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the web-browser to see b.scorecardresearch.com unwanted ads.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it generates a huge number of advertising, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your PC, that will replace your start page with an unwanted site.
While your personal computer is infected with the adware, the Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge may be rerouted to b.scorecardresearch.com annoying web-site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open a lot of unwanted ads. These advertisements will be injected within the content of pages that are you opening in your internet browser. The ads can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all sites, including pages where previously you have never seen any ads. In this case, when you open any web-site, you may see in your browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for b.scorecardresearch.com’, ‘Transferring data from b.scorecardresearch.com’, ‘Looking up b.scorecardresearch.com’, ‘Read b.scorecardresearch.com’, ‘Connected to b.scorecardresearch.com’.
We suggest you to get rid of adware and clean your system from b.scorecardresearch.com advertisements as quickly as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the tutorial below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to b.scorecardresearch.com annoying web page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does b.scorecardresearch.com advertisements get installed onto computer
How to manually remove b.scorecardresearch.com
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to remove the b.scorecardresearch.com redirect. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web-browser or reboot your system.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove b.scorecardresearch.com redirect
- Delete b.scorecardresearch.com pop-up ads from Chrome
- Remove b.scorecardresearch.com pop-up ads from Firefox
- Delete b.scorecardresearch.com redirect from IE
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and web-browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove b.scorecardresearch.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the b.scorecardresearch.com or other annoying site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the b.scorecardresearch.com site or any other unwanted pages that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Delete b.scorecardresearch.com pop-up ads from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to b.scorecardresearch.com annoying ads which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The internet browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the web-browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove b.scorecardresearch.com pop-up ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto b.scorecardresearch.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete b.scorecardresearch.com redirect from IE
To delete the b.scorecardresearch.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove b.scorecardresearch.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal b.scorecardresearch.com ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free applications will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your system for the adware which redirects your browser to the b.scorecardresearch.com annoying page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to stop b.scorecardresearch.com
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, b.scorecardresearch.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with b.scorecardresearch.com popup ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the b.scorecardresearch.com ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: October 27, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the b.scorecardresearch.com advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for b.scorecardresearch.com pop-up ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying b.scorecardresearch.com advertisements.