If Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge opens the hot2016rewards.com website that displays ads offering a chance to get an amazing reward, then you need to know, this is a fake. It is a sign that you computer is infected with an adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP).
If you still are not sure that your computer is infected with the adware that opens the hot2016rewards unwanted popups on your screen, then check your computer for the following other common signs of infection:
- Your browser displays large number annoying ads.
- Is your home page or default search engine different than what you originally set it as.
- Antivirus or antispyware software detects an adware or PUP infections.
- Your Internet connection is slow.
Last but not least, the adware can function as spyware – creates your Internet profile – what sites you`re browsing, when you`re running a browser, what you’re looking for on the Internet and so on. That is, it is stealing your personal information.
How does your computer get infected with hot2016rewards.com pop-up ads
Most commonly, the adware, that shows pop-ups from hot2016rewards, is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find some bundled PUP or adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, chose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click “Decline” button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown software. Moreover, please read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another potentially unwanted program on your PC such as this adware.
Even removing a free software that contains this adware, you can not remove all annoying ads, because the adware will be not removed. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to remove hot2016rewards.com ads and clean your computer.
How to manually remove hot2016rewards popups
It can be a difficult task. The following instructions below is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove hot2016rewards.com ads from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove hot2016rewards.com redirect
- Remove hot2016rewards ads from Chrome
- Remove hot2016rewards.com ads from Firefox
- Remove hot2016rewards ads from Internet Explorer
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove hot2016rewards.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this adware may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://hot2016rewards.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://hot2016rewards.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove hot2016rewards ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove hot2016rewards ads from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove hot2016rewards ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove hot2016rewards.com pop-up ads
Remove hot2016rewards.com ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal software. It can automatically detect and remove the adware of the your PC. Moreover, this free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow these simple steps below to eliminate the hot2016rewards.com unwanted advertisements completely.
- Click on the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- You will see the Instalation wizard. Click Next and follow the prompts.
- When you complete the installation, click on the “Scan Now” button to start a full system scan, to find out the hot2016rewards.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, check the scan results. Make sure all entries have “checkmark”. Next press “Remove Selected” button to remove all the detected threats, from your PC. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block hot2016rewards.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block hot2016rewards.com pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with hot2016rewards.com pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove hot2016rewards adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, PUPs, toolbars, browser hijackers. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 4, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for hot2016rewards.com adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for hot2016rewards.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with hot2016rewards.com ads removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.