The Search.ma-cmf.com is classified as a browser hijacker. The appearance of Search.ma-cmf.com in your web-browser means that your system is infected with a browser hijacker, which makes changes to the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge ‘s settings, replacing the homepage, new tab page and search engine by default. So, if you find that when you start your internet browser, it opens this annoying site, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the step-by-step guide below and remove Search.ma-cmf.com new tab.
The Search.ma-cmf.com browser hijacker infection usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The hijacker infection will perform a scan of the PC system for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://search.ma-cmf.com/’ into Target property. So, each time you run the browser, you will see the Search.ma-cmf.com unwanted web page.
Except that the Search.ma-cmf.com changes browser’s homepage, it also replaces a search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the browser’s search becomes impossible. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a huge number of advertising links, links to malicious and misleading web-sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the other, well-known search engines like Google or Bing.
The Search.ma-cmf.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters internet browser settings, and blocks them from changing. Also this web-browser browser hijacker infection can install additional browser addons, extensions and modules that will show advertising banners and popups. And finally, the Search.ma-cmf.com browser hijacker can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible to clean your PC system, get rid of Search.ma-cmf.com homepage, as well as other malicious and ad-supported software, which could penetrate the computer along with it.
How to Search.ma-cmf.com infection get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove Search.ma-cmf.com
This useful removal guide for the Search.ma-cmf.com homepage. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to uninstall Search.ma-cmf.com search let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete Search.ma-cmf.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Search.ma-cmf.com search
- Uninstall Search.ma-cmf.com homepage from Google Chrome
- Remove Search.ma-cmf.com search from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete Search.ma-cmf.com from IE
Delete Search.ma-cmf.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Search.ma-cmf.com homepage
Once installed, this hijacker infection may add “http://search.ma-cmf.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will display the unwanted start page.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://search.ma-cmf.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Uninstall Search.ma-cmf.com homepage from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Search.ma-cmf.com search from Mozilla Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Search.ma-cmf.com from IE
Run Internet Explorer, press ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Search.ma-cmf.com hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s home page to default state.
How to remove search.ma-cmf.com with Antimalware
Manual removal search.ma-cmf.com homepage requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for the browser hijacker infection removal scan. It will start scanning your PC system for the browser hijacker infection which redirects your web-browser to the search.ma-cmf.com unwanted web site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your PC. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Search.ma-cmf.com and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web-sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Search.ma-cmf.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Search.ma-cmf.com hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 1, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for Search.ma-cmf.com adware and malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Search.ma-cmf.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Search.ma-cmf.com removal.