Technically, the ad supported software, that shows socialnewpages.com advertisements or redirects on this unwanted web-site, is not a virus. This software is created to make a money. Once started, the adware injects a java scripts within the content of sites that you visit. These js-scripts may pop-up a new web-browser window with socialnewpages.com web page or insert a large number of ads directly into the pages you’re viewing.
The ad supported software that alters the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the browser, instead of your start page, you will see the unwanted socialnewpages.com advertising.
While your PC is infected with the ad supported software, the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge may be rerouted to socialnewpages.com annoying site. Of course, the ad supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a tons of unwanted ads. These ads will be injected within the content of sites that are you opening in your browser. The advertising can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web pages, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any ads.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your personal computer from socialnewpages.com advertisements as quickly as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below that will allow you to completely get rid of the redirect to socialnewpages.com annoying web-page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does socialnewpages.com ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove socialnewpages.com
This useful removal guide for the socialnewpages.com redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete socialnewpages.com pop-up ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove socialnewpages.com redirect
- Remove socialnewpages.com from Google Chrome
- Remove socialnewpages.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of socialnewpages.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted advertisements or browser redirect to unknown or annoying sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove socialnewpages.com redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it will open the socialnewpages.com annoying web-page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Remove socialnewpages.com from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by ad supported software.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page, search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove socialnewpages.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto socialnewpages.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Get rid of socialnewpages.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Open the IE tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove socialnewpages.com with Antimalware
Remove socialnewpages.com ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the socialnewpages.com unwanted web-page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block socialnewpages.com
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, socialnewpages.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with socialnewpages.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to socialnewpages.com advertisements, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the socialnewpages.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for socialnewpages.com advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying socialnewpages.com advertising.