The offerreality.com is a page that opens annoying ads and may redirect to other ad web-pages. If the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge shows this site then most probably that your system is infected with an ad supported software.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you start the browser, it will redirect to the unwanted offerreality.com site. Even if you setup a new start page, an unwanted web-site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to show dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. So, the offerreality.com is just one of the many web sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of advertisements, or redirect the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web pages. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate advertisements on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad supported software receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your PC from the ad supported software infection and get rid of offerreality.com annoying advertisements from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge and other internet browsers.
How does offerreality.com ads get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove offerreality.com
This steps will help you get rid of offerreality.com pop-up ads. These offerreality.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your personal computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove offerreality.com redirect
- Remove offerreality.com ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of offerreality.com pop-up ads from FF
- Remove offerreality.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and get rid of the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements and internet browser redirect to unwanted web sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove offerreality.com redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will open the offerreality.com unwanted page.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove offerreality.com ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been modified by ad supported software.
- Open the Google Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of offerreality.com pop-up ads from FF
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove offerreality.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the offerreality.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your system.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove offerreality.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal offerreality.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for adware removal scan. It will start scanning your PC system for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the offerreality.com unwanted web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to block offerreality.com
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, offerreality.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove offerreality.com ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the annoying offerreality.com advertising within the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 24, 2018
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the advertising from offerreality.com page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for offerreality.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted offerreality.com advertisements.