The Myweb.house is a new infection from the big family of browser hijackers that affects browsers and modifies its settings such as startpage, new tab page and default search engine. It is currently very active spreading on the World Wide Web. Many users have problems with cleaning a PC from Myweb.house homepage and restoring the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge settings.
The Myweb.house browser hijacker usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The hijacker will perform a scan of the computer for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://myweb.house’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the web-browser, you will see the Myweb.house unwanted web-site.
In addition, the Myweb.house browser hijacker can also change the search engine selected in the internet browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading sites.
We suggest you to delete Myweb.house and clean your personal computer as quickly as possible, until the presence of the infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide that will allow you to completely remove Myweb.house new tab, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How to Myweb.house browser hijacker infection get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove Myweb.house
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to remove the Myweb.house search. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC.
- Uninstall Myweb.house associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Myweb.house new tab
- Remove Myweb.house from Google Chrome
- Remove Myweb.house from Firefox
- Uninstall Myweb.house new tab from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Myweb.house associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the PC system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying advertising or internet browser redirect to unknown or annoying pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Myweb.house new tab
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The browser hijacker infection can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://myweb.house” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the web-browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an annoying web-pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove Myweb.house from Google Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Myweb.house from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Uninstall Myweb.house new tab from Internet Explorer
Run IE, press ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove Myweb.house hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s home page to default state.
How to remove Myweb.house with Antimalware
Remove Myweb.house browser hijacker manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Myweb.house infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block Myweb.house and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying advertising banners and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web sites such Myweb.house, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Myweb.house is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Myweb.house.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Myweb.house removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Myweb.house removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.