The clicksgear.com is classified as adware. The appearance of clicksgear.com in your internet browser means that your PC system is infected with an ad supported software, which may open a huge number of advertising within the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge screen or reroute you to an unwanted ad web sites. So, if you have found that your internet browser is redirected to this annoying web-site, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the tutorial below to clean your PC system from an ad supported software infection and thus remove the clicksgear.com redirect.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see clicksgear.com unwanted advertisements.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large number of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the adware, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your personal computer, that will replace your homepage with an unwanted web-page.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your internet browser on the clicksgear.com unwanted site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your personal computer.
How does clicksgear.com ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove clicksgear.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove clicksgear.com advertisements from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of clicksgear.com redirect
- Remove clicksgear.com pop-up ads from Chrome
- Remove clicksgear.com advertisements from FF
- Delete clicksgear.com advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free software at its installation additionally set various unneeded programs that most often generate unwanted ads and redirect your browser to clicksgear.com web site. So, delete the unneeded programs may cleanup your internet browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of clicksgear.com redirect
During the installation, the ad supported software may also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will reroute to an unwanted advertising.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove clicksgear.com pop-up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove clicksgear.com advertisements from FF
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto clicksgear.com advertising.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It opens the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete clicksgear.com advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To get rid of the clicksgear.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Internet Explorer. Restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove clicksgear.com with Antimalware
Remove clicksgear.com advertising manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijacker and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 3, 2015
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the clicksgear.com annoying site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block clicksgear.com
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying advertisements and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, clicksgear.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove clicksgear.com ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the unwanted clicksgear.com advertisements within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 3, 2016
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the ads from clicksgear.com web-page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for clicksgear.com advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted clicksgear.com advertisements.