If you keep receiving the w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host pop-ups, when you surf the World Wide Web with the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, then it could mean your personal computer is infected with a malware from the adware family. Once started, it may install into the web-browser a dangerous extension that generates a lot of advertising or change the internet browser’s settings to show ads on all pages that you are opening in the browser, even on those web-pages where before you did not see any ads. To clean you PC system and delete the redirect to w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host, you need to perform the step-by-step guide below as soon as possible. It will remove the annoying ads and protect your computer from more malicious software and trojans.
The malicious software from the ad supported software family that modifies the settings of browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the internet browser, instead of your startpage, you will see the unwanted w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertisements.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large number of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web-browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your computer, that will replace your start page with an unwanted web site.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your system from w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertising as quickly as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the tutorial below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host annoying site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertisements get installed onto personal computer
Most commonly, the ad supported software is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted software on your system such as this ad supported software that redirect the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge onto the annoying w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host site.
How to manually remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host pop-up ads from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host redirect
- Delete w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host from IE
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to run your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the internet browser which is redirected to the w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host or other unwanted web-site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ad supported software can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you start your web-browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host web-page or any other annoying web pages that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Delete w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host from IE
To get rid of the w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertising you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your system.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It displays the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Internet Explorer. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host with Anti-malware
Manual removal w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your personal computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host unwanted web-site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your PC. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying w.crazy.wow-voucher-for-you.host ads.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.