Are you seeing pop-up warnings within your browser that titled with Code: 00xO4C08 ? It is a complete fake that has been created by ‘ad-supported’ software to scare you into thinking that your computer have a lot of heavy problems with security, drivers, malware, etc.
The text of the “Code: 00xO4C08” alert is:
****Dont Restart Your Computer **** The Following information was found on this error: Code: 00xO4C08 Discription An unsupported or invalid partition type was detected. The Infections detected, indicate some recent downloads on the computer which in turn has created problems on the computer.Call technical support (0)203-808-8348 and share this code B2957E to the Agent to Fix This.
To make this message more reliable, the creators of this misleading web site, use the fake error code which looks like legitimate windows error code. So, do not trust the description of the error, simply ignore it. Also, you need to know that the Microsoft does not create such websites that can detect problems with your computer in real time.
The ad supported software that also known as adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters internet browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the adware can install additional browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertisements within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the web-browser’s start page and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the guide below to get rid of adware and clean your system from the “Code: 00xO4C08” pop-ups. What is more, the guide will help you get rid of other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the personal computer along with the adware.
How does “Code: 00xO4C08” ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove “Code: 00xO4C08”
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove “Code: 00xO4C08” from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove “Code: 00xO4C08” advertisements from Chrome
- Get rid of “Code: 00xO4C08” popup ads in Firefox
- Delete “Code: 00xO4C08” redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove “Code: 00xO4C08” advertisements from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Get rid of “Code: 00xO4C08” popup ads in Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto “Code: 00xO4C08” advertising.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete “Code: 00xO4C08” redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the “Code: 00xO4C08” annoying web-page.
How to delete “Code: 00xO4C08” with Antimalware
Get rid of “Code: 00xO4C08” ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your internet browser to the “Code: 00xO4C08” unwanted web page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block “Code: 00xO4C08”
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, “Code: 00xO4C08” redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove “Code: 00xO4C08” ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the annoying “Code: 00xO4C08” advertisements within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the ads from “Code: 00xO4C08” page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for “Code: 00xO4C08” advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying “Code: 00xO4C08” advertising.