If you turn on your system and running the internet browser, it shows the palpfiction.net web page, or your browser began to display a large number of advertisements, then most probably your personal computer has become a victim of an ad supported software that usually gets installed as a part of some free software. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active Web user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with these unwanted redirects and pop-ups. You need as quickly as possible to clean your PC from malicious software such as the adware and get rid of the unwanted advertisements, as it can be a way to penetrate the personal computer more dangerous malicious programs such as viruses and trojans. The few simple steps which follow, I’ll show you how to remove ad supported software and remove palpfiction.net advertisements from your system forever.
The adware can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time launch the web-browser to see palpfiction.net unwanted advertisements.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a tons of advertising, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web-browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your system, that will replace your start page with an unwanted web-site.
We recommend to delete the adware, which redirects your web-browser on the palpfiction.net annoying web-page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your personal computer.
How does palpfiction.net advertisements get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove palpfiction.net
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the palpfiction.net popup ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC system.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove palpfiction.net redirect
- Get rid of palpfiction.net pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove palpfiction.net advertisements from FF
- Remove palpfiction.net popup ads from IE
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many freeware at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate annoying ads and redirect your web-browser to palpfiction.net web-page. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your internet browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and get rid of suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove palpfiction.net redirect
Once installed, the adware may add “http://palpfiction.net” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will display the palpfiction.net unwanted web-site.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://palpfiction.net” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Get rid of palpfiction.net pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove palpfiction.net advertisements from FF
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto palpfiction.net advertising.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove palpfiction.net popup ads from IE
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
How to get rid of palpfiction.net with Anti-malware
Manual removal palpfiction.net ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the freeware will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your PC system for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the palpfiction.net unwanted web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block palpfiction.net and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such palpfiction.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove palpfiction.net ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the unwanted palpfiction.net advertisements within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 28, 2017
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the advertisements from palpfiction.net web-site. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC.
When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for palpfiction.net advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying palpfiction.net advertisements.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.