The appearance of unwanted om.elvenar.com pop-up ads in your internet browser means that your PC system is infected with an ad supported software. It makes changes to the system settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, the adware begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert advertising directly into the open windows of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. So, if you notice that your browser has become show this website, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the tutorial below and remove om.elvenar.com ads.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common internet browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://om.elvenar.com’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the internet browser, it will redirect to the unwanted om.elvenar.com web site. Even if you setup a new start page, an annoying site will be the first thing you see when you start the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
The adware may insert a large number of advertisements directly to the web pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal advertising may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect a huge number of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the instructions below to remove ad supported software and clean your system from the redirect to om.elvenar.com advertisements. What is more, the guide will help you remove other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the computer along with the adware.
How does om.elvenar.com advertisements get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove om.elvenar.com
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to get rid of the om.elvenar.com advertisements. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web-browser or reboot your personal computer.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of om.elvenar.com redirect
- Remove om.elvenar.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of om.elvenar.com advertisements from Firefox
- Get rid of om.elvenar.com ads from IE
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted advertising or web-browser redirect to unknown or annoying web-sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of om.elvenar.com redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add “http://om.elvenar.com” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will show the om.elvenar.com unwanted web site.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://om.elvenar.com” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Remove om.elvenar.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to om.elvenar.com unwanted ads which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The internet browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Get rid of om.elvenar.com advertisements from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of om.elvenar.com ads from IE
To remove the om.elvenar.com advertisements you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your PC system.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It shows the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Internet Explorer. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to delete om.elvenar.com with Antimalware
Remove om.elvenar.com advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your web-browser to the om.elvenar.com unwanted web site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block om.elvenar.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, om.elvenar.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with om.elvenar.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to om.elvenar.com advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the om.elvenar.com advertising.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for om.elvenar.com advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted om.elvenar.com ads.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.