Technically, Thesearchprivacy.co is a browser hijacker, it is not a virus. Once started, the browser hijacker infection modifies browser’s settings. Once this browser hijacker gets installed on your computer, it changes the settings of all your internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. It will set Thesearchprivacy.co as your homepage, new tab page and search engine by default. Thus, if you start any of the browsers, it will always be open this annoying site. Moreover, when you create a new tab, the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge can be also redirected to Thesearchprivacy.co.
A malicious software that alters the settings of web-browsers on Thesearchprivacy.co search usually affects only Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Thesearchprivacy.co hijacker infection may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the internet browser, instead of your homepage, you will see a completely different web site.
In addition, the Thesearchprivacy.co browser hijacker can also change the search engine selected in the internet browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of ads and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading sites.
We suggest you to remove Thesearchprivacy.co and clean your PC system as quickly as possible, until the presence of the infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the instructions that will allow you to completely remove Thesearchprivacy.co new tab, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How to Thesearchprivacy.co browser hijacker infection get installed onto computer
How to manually remove Thesearchprivacy.co
This useful removal guide for the Thesearchprivacy.co . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Thesearchprivacy.co startpage let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove Thesearchprivacy.co associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Thesearchprivacy.co search
- Remove Thesearchprivacy.co homepage from Chrome
- Remove Thesearchprivacy.co from FF
- Get rid of Thesearchprivacy.co from Internet Explorer
Remove Thesearchprivacy.co associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted ads or web-browser redirect to unknown or annoying web-sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Thesearchprivacy.co new tab
During the installation, this browser hijacker may also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this unwanted site.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see an web-site address that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Thesearchprivacy.co homepage from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Thesearchprivacy.co from FF
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Thesearchprivacy.co from Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Thesearchprivacy.co hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s start page to default state.
How to remove Thesearchprivacy.co with Antimalware
Remove Thesearchprivacy.co hijacker manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Thesearchprivacy.co infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Thesearchprivacy.co
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertising links and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Thesearchprivacy.co, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Thesearchprivacy.co is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Thesearchprivacy.co.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Thesearchprivacy.co removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Thesearchprivacy.co removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.