If the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge opens the ok.oneclickcheck.online annoying page then most probably that your computer is infected with an adware. This adware changes the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge settings to open a huge number of annoying ads on all pages, including web pages where previously you advertising have never seen. These advertisements can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. What is more, the ad supported software, that shows the ok.oneclickcheck.online advertising, may cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
The malicious software from the ad supported software family that changes the settings of browsers usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the unwanted ok.oneclickcheck.online ads.
What is more, the ad supported software may show advertising depend on a web page that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We recommend to get rid of the adware, which redirects your internet browser on the ok.oneclickcheck.online unwanted page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your PC.
How does ok.oneclickcheck.online ads get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove ok.oneclickcheck.online
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of ok.oneclickcheck.online redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove ok.oneclickcheck.online redirect
- Remove ok.oneclickcheck.online redirect from Chrome
- Get rid of ok.oneclickcheck.online advertisements from FF
- Remove ok.oneclickcheck.online popup ads from IE
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove ok.oneclickcheck.online redirect
During the installation, the ad supported software may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://ok.oneclickcheck.online” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will reroute to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://ok.oneclickcheck.online” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove ok.oneclickcheck.online redirect from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Get rid of ok.oneclickcheck.online advertisements from FF
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto ok.oneclickcheck.online ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove ok.oneclickcheck.online popup ads from IE
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to get rid of ok.oneclickcheck.online with Anti-malware
Manual removal ok.oneclickcheck.online redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the ok.oneclickcheck.online unwanted web site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block ok.oneclickcheck.online and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertising and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such ok.oneclickcheck.online, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with ok.oneclickcheck.online ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to ok.oneclickcheck.online advertisements, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the ok.oneclickcheck.online advertising.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for ok.oneclickcheck.online advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying ok.oneclickcheck.online ads.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.