The m1.play4gold.net is a web-site that displays unwanted advertisements and may redirect to other ad web-sites. If the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge displays this web-page then most probably that your personal computer is infected with an ad supported software.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common web-browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://m1.play4gold.net’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the web-browser, it will redirect to the unwanted m1.play4gold.net web-page. Even if you setup a new home page, an annoying web-site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
The adware may insert a tons of advertisements directly to the web pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertisements has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake advertising, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a tons of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your personal computer from the ad supported software infection and delete m1.play4gold.net annoying advertising from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and other web-browsers.
How does m1.play4gold.net advertisements get installed onto PC
How to manually remove m1.play4gold.net
This useful removal guide for the m1.play4gold.net ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove m1.play4gold.net ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove m1.play4gold.net redirect
- Remove m1.play4gold.net pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove m1.play4gold.net redirect from FF
- Get rid of m1.play4gold.net advertisements from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and web-browser redirect to unwanted sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove m1.play4gold.net redirect
Once installed, the adware may add “http://m1.play4gold.net” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will display the m1.play4gold.net annoying page.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://m1.play4gold.net” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Remove m1.play4gold.net pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove m1.play4gold.net redirect from FF
If the FF settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto m1.play4gold.net ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Get rid of m1.play4gold.net advertisements from Internet Explorer
Open the IE tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to remove m1.play4gold.net with Antimalware
Delete m1.play4gold.net ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to get rid of malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the m1.play4gold.net unwanted web site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block m1.play4gold.net and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web-pages such m1.play4gold.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with m1.play4gold.net ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to m1.play4gold.net advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the m1.play4gold.net advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for m1.play4gold.net advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted m1.play4gold.net advertisements.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.