Copypast.ru is a browser hijacker. It is a type of malicious software. Unlike viruses, it will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because, it will infect your PC, get full access to your web-browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and be able to change their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your browser settings will be changed, you will be redirected to unwanted pages completely, some of which can be dangerous or misleading pages. For this reason, we recommend that you get rid of it as quickly as possible and thereby restore your favorite startpage and search engine.
The Copypast.ru infection usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The hijacker will perform a scan of the PC for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://copypast.ru/p/main.html’ into Target property. So, each time you open the internet browser, you will see the Copypast.ru annoying web-site.
The Copypast.ru browser hijacker infection may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the World Wide Web. The reason for this is that the Copypast.ru search results may open a lot of advertisements, links to malicious and misleading sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Also on the computer together with Copypast.ru browser hijacker can be installed adware, which will insert a huge number of advertisements directly to the web pages that you view, creating a sense that advertising links has been added by the creators of the web-site. Moreover, a legal ads may be replaced on the fake advertising links, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful software. Moreover, the Copypast.ru browser hijacker has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
How to Copypast.ru browser hijacker infection get installed onto system
How to manually remove Copypast.ru
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to remove the Copypast.ru homepage. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
- Remove Copypast.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Copypast.ru search
- Remove Copypast.ru redirect from FF
- Get rid of Copypast.ru redirect in Google Chrome
- Remove Copypast.ru homepage from Internet Explorer
Remove Copypast.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Copypast.ru
During the installation, this browser hijacker may also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://copypast.ru/p/main.html” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web site.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://copypast.ru/p/main.html” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Copypast.ru redirect from FF
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as start page and search provider by default have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, launch the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, press the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Copypast.ru hijacker. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Copypast.ru redirect in Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as_shown and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Copypast.ru homepage from Internet Explorer
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will uninstall Copypast.ru hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s homepage to default state.
How to remove Copypast.ru with Antimalware
Remove Copypast.ru browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for Copypast.ru browser hijacker infection. This task can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to stop Copypast.ru search
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertising and malicious sites, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous advertising banners and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Copypast.ru, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Copypast.ru browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 1, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Copypast.ru infection and web-browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC.
When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Copypast.ru search removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Copypast.ru removal.