The go.wellhello.com web-site appeared on your personal computer without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your web-browser is now redirected to other unwanted web-pages and filled with a variety of pop-up ads and banners. The cause of all your problems with your personal computer is an ad supported software that has been installed on many personal computers around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this adware has got into your computer. In the step-by-step guide below, we will explain all the general features of adware and its typical behavior on the personal computer, as well as effective methods for manually removing it from your computer.
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the PC system for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it may add the argument like ‘http://go.wellhello.com’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the browser, you will see an annoying go.wellhello.com web-site.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a tons of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the internet browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your system, that will replace your home page with an unwanted site.
We recommend to delete the adware, which redirects your web-browser on the go.wellhello.com unwanted web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your system.
How does go.wellhello.com advertisements get installed onto computer
How to manually remove go.wellhello.com
If you perform exactly the step-by-step instructions below you should be able to remove the go.wellhello.com ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC system.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of go.wellhello.com redirect
- Remove go.wellhello.com advertisements from Chrome
- Remove go.wellhello.com popup ads from FF
- Delete go.wellhello.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the PC system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying advertisements or web-browser redirect to unknown or unwanted web sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of go.wellhello.com redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add “http://go.wellhello.com” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you open the internet browser, it will display the go.wellhello.com annoying web-site.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text, which started from “http://”. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Remove go.wellhello.com advertisements from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove go.wellhello.com popup ads from FF
Open the FF menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete go.wellhello.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To delete the go.wellhello.com ads you need to reset the IE’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your PC system.
Launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove go.wellhello.com with Antimalware
Delete go.wellhello.com advertising manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijacker and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the go.wellhello.com unwanted web-site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block go.wellhello.com and other similar ad sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such go.wellhello.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with go.wellhello.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to go.wellhello.com ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 29, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the go.wellhello.com advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for go.wellhello.com advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted go.wellhello.com advertising.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.