The Homepage-web.com is an infection from the big family of web-browser hijackers that affects web-browsers and modifies its settings such as startpage, new tab page and default search engine. It is currently very active spreading on the World Wide Web. Many users have problems with cleaning a personal computer from Homepage-web.com startpage and restoring the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge settings.
Most often, the Homepage-web.com infection affects the most common browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. But such browser hijackers as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://homepage-web.com/’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the internet browser, it will display Homepage-web.com startpage. Even if you setup your startpage again, it is still the first thing you see when you open the internet browser will be the annoying Homepage-web.com web-page.
When your computer is infected, every time you start your internet browser you will see this web-page. Of course you can setup your startpage again, but next time you open a internet browser you will see that Homepage-web.com return. As mentioned above, the hijacker may change the default search engine on this annoying site too, so all your search queries will be redirected to Homepage-web.com. Thus the authors of the hijacker may collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to malicious web-pages.
Also on the computer together with Homepage-web.com browser hijacker infection can be installed an adware, which will insert a lot of advertising directly to the pages that you view, creating a sense that advertising has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal ads may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Homepage-web.com browser hijacker infection has the ability to collect a huge amount of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
How to Homepage-web.com hijacker infection get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove Homepage-web.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually delete Homepage-web.com homepage from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Remove Homepage-web.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Homepage-web.com homepage
- Remove Homepage-web.com startpage from Chrome
- Remove Homepage-web.com startpage from FF
- Delete Homepage-web.com homepage from Internet Explorer
Remove Homepage-web.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Homepage-web.com search
Once installed, this browser hijacker may add “http://homepage-web.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you open the internet browser, it will display the annoying homepage.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see the argument “http://homepage-web.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Remove Homepage-web.com startpage from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been modified by the Homepage-web.com hijacker infection.
Start the Google Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including home page, newtab page and search provider by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Remove Homepage-web.com startpage from FF
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider by default have been changed by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Homepage-web.com hijacker infection. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete Homepage-web.com homepage from Internet Explorer
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove Homepage-web.com hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s startpage to default state.
How to remove Homepage-web.com with Antimalware
Remove Homepage-web.com browser hijacker manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Homepage-web.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Homepage-web.com
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising banners and web pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Homepage-web.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Homepage-web.com hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for Homepage-web.com adware and malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Homepage-web.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Homepage-web.com removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.