If you’re reading this post, it means that you are seeing the w.truegifstandmore.com unknown web-page or your web-browser began to display a lot of of pop-up windows that load advertising or other advertising web pages. All of these problems with your PC caused by an adware, which is often installs on the system with the freeware. You probably want to know how to remove this adware and get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com ads as well as to restore your startpage. In the step-by-step instructions below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://w.truegifstandmore.com’ into Target property. So, each time you open the internet browser, you will see an annoying w.truegifstandmore.com page.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large number of advertising, hindering or completely blocking the work in the internet browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your PC system, that will replace your start page with an unwanted web site.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the ad supported software as soon as possible. Use the free few simple steps below. This guide will help you clean your personal computer and remove the w.truegifstandmore.com unwanted advertisements.
How does w.truegifstandmore.com advertising get installed onto system
How to manually remove w.truegifstandmore.com
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to remove the w.truegifstandmore.com pop-up ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com redirect
- Get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com from Google Chrome
- Get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove w.truegifstandmore.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted advertising and web-browser redirect to unwanted web-sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your internet browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ad supported software can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://w.truegifstandmore.com” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to w.truegifstandmore.com unwanted ads which is caused by the adware.
Start the Google Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The internet browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove w.truegifstandmore.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To get rid of the w.truegifstandmore.com advertisements you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your personal computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It shows the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Internet Explorer. Restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to get rid of w.truegifstandmore.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal w.truegifstandmore.com popup ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for adware removal scan. It will start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the w.truegifstandmore.com unwanted web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to block w.truegifstandmore.com
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, w.truegifstandmore.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove w.truegifstandmore.com ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the annoying w.truegifstandmore.com ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the advertising from w.truegifstandmore.com web page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for w.truegifstandmore.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or
Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying w.truegifstandmore.com advertising.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.