What is cosmicwin.com
If you find that the system settings have been changed and an unknown program added to startup, after that your internet browser has become show the unwanted cosmicwin.com ads then it is a sign that your system is infected with malicious software from the ad supported software family. The adware is a form of unwanted software that can open a tons of ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it may redirect the browser on malicious and misleading web pages. Also, if you seeing that the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge tries to load an unknown site, when you try to open a long-known site, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in browser’s address bar. You need as quickly as possible following the steps below and clean your computer from adware that will remove the redirect to cosmicwin.com and annoying ads.
A malicious software from the adware family that alters the settings of browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the internet browser, instead of your home page, you will see the annoying cosmicwin.com advertisements.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad supported software can install additional browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject ads within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the internet browser’s homepage and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your computer from cosmicwin.com advertising as quickly as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the instructions below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to cosmicwin.com annoying web-page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does cosmicwin.com ads get installed onto PC
Most commonly, the adware is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted software on your computer such as this adware that redirect the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge onto the annoying cosmicwin.com site.
How to manually remove cosmicwin.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove cosmicwin.com popup ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove cosmicwin.com redirect
- Get rid of cosmicwin.com redirect from Chrome
- Delete cosmicwin.com from Firefox
- Remove cosmicwin.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove cosmicwin.com redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://cosmicwin.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will reroute to an unwanted ads.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://cosmicwin.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of cosmicwin.com redirect from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to cosmicwin.com annoying advertising which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Delete cosmicwin.com from Firefox
Open the FF menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove cosmicwin.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Open the IE tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to remove cosmicwin.com with Antimalware
Remove cosmicwin.com ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the cosmicwin.com annoying web site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block cosmicwin.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, cosmicwin.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove cosmicwin.com ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the annoying cosmicwin.com ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 29, 2017
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the advertisements from cosmicwin.com web-page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for cosmicwin.com advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying cosmicwin.com advertising.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.