What is gc.avdls.com
If Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge opens the gc.avdls.com page that titled with “Your download is ready!” and offers install or update a flash player, video player, security tool and so on, then you need to know, it is a scam. It is a sign that you computer is infected with an “ad-supported” software that also known as adware.
The text of the gc.avdls.com page is:
Your Google Chrome download will be available in a moment... Please click the button below to download Google Chrome or click here to start the download gc.avdls.com is distributing modified installers which differ from the originals. The modified installers are compliant with the original software manufacturer's policies and terms & conditions. The Installer is an install manager that will manage the installation of your selected software. In addition to managing the installation of your selected software, The Installer will make recommendations for additional free software that you may be interested in. Additional software may include toolbars, browser add-ons, game applications, anti-virus applications, and other types of applications. You are not required to install any additional software to receive your selected software. You can completely remove the program at any time in Windows' Add/Remove Programs. At the time of downloading you accept the conditions of use and privacy policies stated by grabsofts.com. The download will be executed through a download manager that belongs to The Installer. The mentioned download manager doesn´t have any relationship with the author. It can be downloaded as well freely from the author's website. grabsofts.com aims to offer downloads free of viruses and malwares. The download manager is part of our virus and malware filtering system and certifies the file´s reliability. Additionally, the download manager offers the optional installation of a toolbar.
The adware uses these misleading ads to trick you download and start an unknown file that in reality is another adware or malware. So, ignore all that it will tell you. Most important, don`t click to Download or Install button.
The VirusTotal detects the gc.avdls.com site as:
Certly Malicious site Quick Heal Malicious site Sophos Malicious site BitDefender Malware site Avira (no cloud) Phishing site ESET Phishing site Fortinet Phishing site Google Safebrowsing Phishing site CLEAN MX Suspicious site
How does your computer get infected with gc.avdls.com pop-up ads
Most cases, the adware, that displays gc.avdls.com ads when you use your Web browser, gets installed onto your computer with a free software like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. It may be bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web sites. So, when you will install a free program that you need, this adware will be installed automatically too. Even removing a free software that contains this adware, you can not remove all annoying ads, because this adware will be not removed. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to remove gc.avdls.com adware and clean your computer.
To protect your computer in the future, please read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your PC that will display tons annoying advertisements such as gc.avdls.com ads.
How to manually remove gc.avdls.com pop-up ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove gc.avdls.com adware from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall gc.avdls.com related software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove gc.avdls.com redirect
- Remove gc.avdls.com ads from Chrome
- Remove gc.avdls.com ads from Firefox
- Remove gc.avdls.com ads from Internet Explorer
Uninstall gc.avdls.com related software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove gc.avdls.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this adware may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://gc.avdls.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://gc.avdls.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove gc.avdls.com ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove gc.avdls.com ads from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove gc.avdls.com ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove gc.avdls.com pop-up ads
Remove gc.avdls.com ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for gc.avdls.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block gc.avdls.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block gc.avdls.com pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with gc.avdls.com pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove gc.avdls.com adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for gc.avdls.com adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for gc.avdls.com pop-up ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.