Also known as: Search.newtab-mediasearch.com homepage, Search.newtab-mediasearch.com new tab, Search.newtab-mediasearch.com redirect, Search.newtab-mediasearch.com search, Search.newtab-mediasearch.com startpage
Type: Browser hijacker
What is Search.newtab-mediasearch.com
Are you seeing Search.newtab-mediasearch.com every time you start the Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer? This means that your computer is infected with a parasite that alters the settings of the web browser, such as the home page and default search engine.
As mentioned above, Search.newtab-mediasearch.com also changes the browser’s search engine. So your browser, when searching something, will display a hodgepodge of advertising links, links to malicious and misleading websites and search results from the big search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. As a result, actual use of the browser’s search becomes impossible, it may also lead to slowing or even freezing your web browser.
How to Search.newtab-mediasearch.com infection get installed onto computer
Even removing the free software that contains this browser hijacker, your browser’s settings will not be restored. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to restore your homepage and search engine.
How to manually remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. We suggest you to get rid of this browser hijacker and clean your computer as quickly as possible, until the presence of the infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow a few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com, using only the built-in Windows features.
- Uninstall Search.newtab-mediasearch.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com redirect
- Remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com from Chrome
- Remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com from Firefox
- Remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Search.newtab-mediasearch.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this browser hijacker may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://search.newtab-mediasearch.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://search.newtab-mediasearch.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
If the problem with Search.newtab-mediasearch.com is still remained
if the instructions above does not help you remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Search.newtab-mediasearch.com.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Search.newtab-mediasearch.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.