Also known as: Safesearch1.ru homepage, Safesearch1.ru new tab, Safesearch1.ru redirect, Safesearch1.ru search, Safesearch1.ru startpage
Type: Browser hijacker
What is Safesearch1.ru
Safesearch1.ru is classified as browser hijacker. The appearance of this site as your home page and the search engine is the result of the penetration of your computer with malicious software from the big browser hijacker group, which has received widespread in recent days. Many people are faced with the fact that when the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera or Mozilla Firefox starts, it will began to display the Safesearch1.ru unwanted page instead of the user’s homepage and the option to restore a default browser settings was locked.
A software that changes the settings of the Internet browser on Safesearch1.ru usually affects only Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker infection like the Safesearch1.ru may also change the Target property of the desktop shortcut for all your browsers, so every time you start any browser, instead of your home page, you will see a completely different site.
When your computer is infected with the Safesearch1.ru browser hijacker, you will see this unwanted page each time you start the web browser. Moreover, computer parasites like this browser hijacker often change the browser’s search engine, thus collecting data that you are looking for on the Internet. In addition, together with the Safesearch1.ru hijacked on your computer can be installed adware, which will display large number annoying ads on each of the web-sites that you visit.
How to Safesearch1.ru infection get installed onto computer
Most often the Safesearch1.ru browser hijacker gets installed on to PC as a part of some free programs, as a ‘bonus’. Therefore, it is very important, at the stage of installing programs downloaded from the Internet carefully review the rules of use and the license agreement, as well as to always choose the manual or advanced installation mode. In this mode, you can turn off all unwanted add-ons, including the browser hijacker infection like the Safesearch1.ru hijacker, which will be installed along with the desired program.
Even removing the free software that contains this browser hijacker, your browser’s settings will not be restored. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to restore your homepage and search engine.
How to manually remove Safesearch1.ru
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Safesearch1.ru and restore the settings of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Uninstall Safesearch1.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Safesearch1.ru redirect
- Remove Safesearch1.ru from Chrome
- Remove Safesearch1.ru from Firefox
- Remove Safesearch1.ru from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Safesearch1.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Safesearch1.ru redirect
When breaking into a computer, this browser hijacker may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://safesearch1.ru” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a desktop shortcut for the web browser, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://safesearch1.ru” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Safesearch1.ru from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Safesearch1.ru from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove Safesearch1.ru from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Safesearch1.ru with Antimalware
Remove Safesearch1.ru manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Safesearch1.ru infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Safesearch1.ru
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Safesearch1.ru, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Safesearch1.ru is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Safesearch1.ru.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Safesearch1.ru removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.