Also known as: Web-start.org homepage, Web-start.org new tab, Web-start.org redirect, Web-start.org search, Web-start.org startpage
Type: Browser hijacker
What is Web-start.org
If your default home or search page has been changed to Web-start.org or you get a lot of advertisements popping up on your PC then it is a sign that your system is infected with malicious software from the browser’s hijacker family. Browser hijacking is a form of unwanted software that changes a Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge ‘s settings without a user’s permission, to redirect on malicious, unwanted and misleading sites. So, if you seeing that the existing home page, error page, or search page has been replaced with Web-start.org, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the instructions below and remove Web-start.org infection.
Often, along with replace the existing browser’s start page, the Web-start.org browser hijacker also changes the search engine on its own. This is practically blocks the normal use of the Internet search as the search results will contain a large amount of advertising links. Use these search results can lead to that you infect your computer even more dangerous virus or trojan.
Moreover, the Web-start.org hijacker may collect almost any type of personal data, including information like what websites you open, what look for the Internet, Internet surfing habits and much more. This collected personal information may be shared with third parties. Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible to clean your PC, remove the Web-start.org infection, as well as other malicious and advertising programs, which could penetrate the computer along with it.
How to Web-start.org infection get installed onto computer
Even removing the free software that contains this browser hijacker, your browser’s settings will not be restored. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to manually restore your homepage and search engine.
How to manually remove Web-start.org
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Web-start.org browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall Web-start.org associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Web-start.org redirect
- Remove Web-start.org from Chrome
- Remove Web-start.org from Firefox
- Remove Web-start.org from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Web-start.org associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Web-start.org redirect
When breaking into a computer, this browser hijacker may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://web-start.org” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://web-start.org” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the “OK” button. You need to clean all desktop shortcuts for all Internet browsers installed on your computer, as they may be infected too.
Remove Web-start.org from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Web-start.org from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove Web-start.org from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the ‘Internet Options’.
In the Internet Options window click on the ‘Advanced’ tab, then click the ‘Reset’ button. The Internet Explorer will show the ‘Reset Internet Explorer’ settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Web-start.org with Antimalware
Remove the Web-start.org manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free software that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a scan of your personal computer for the Web-start.org infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Web-start.org
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Web-start.org, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Web-start.org is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 29, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Web-start.org browser hijacker infection.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for the Web-start.org removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.