Are you seeing Start.siviewer.com homepage in the Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge every time you run the web-browser? This means that your browser is infected with obnoxious malicious software from the browser hijacker family that imposes some changes to current settings of all your typical web browsers. Currently, this hijacker are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free programs, download and install them on the computer without proper attention to the fact that the hijacker infection can penetrate into the computer along with them.
The Start.siviewer.com browser hijacker may modify settings of all your typical internet browsers, but often that the unwanted software can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see Start.siviewer.com unwanted web site every time start the internet browser.
Table of contents
- What is Start.siviewer.com
- How to remove Start.siviewer.com search
- Manual Start.siviewer.com startpage removal
- Delete all ad-supported software and other PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Start.siviewer.com redirect
- Get rid of Start.siviewer.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of Start.siviewer.com search from Google Chrome
- Remove Start.siviewer.com start page from Internet Explorer
- How to automatically remove Start.siviewer.com hijacker
- Manual Start.siviewer.com startpage removal
- How to block Start.siviewer.com
- How to avoid installation of Start.siviewer.com hijacker
- To sum up
If your computer has been infected by Start.siviewer.com browser hijacker infection, every time you launch your web browser you will see this page. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you run a web browser you will see that Start.siviewer.com search return. As mentioned above, the hijacker can change the default search engine on this unwanted page too, so all your search queries will be redirected to Start.siviewer.com. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker infection can collect the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to undesired pages.
The Start.siviewer.com browser hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, can make changes to settings of installed web-browsers, and blocks them from changing. Also this browser hijacker can install additional browser addons, extensions and modules that will show advertisements and pop ups. And finally, the Start.siviewer.com hijacker can collect lots of personal info like what web sites you are opening, what you’re looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes.
We suggest you to clean your machine of hijacker infection ASAP. Use the instructions below that will assist to delete Start.siviewer.com startpage and malicious software, which may be installed onto your system along with it.
How to remove Start.siviewer.com search
The following few simple steps will help you to get rid of Start.siviewer.com search from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. Moreover, the guidance below will allow you to get rid of malware like potentially unwanted software, adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected. Please do the guide step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Some of the steps below will require you to exit the site. So, please read the step-by-step guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
Manual Start.siviewer.com search removal
If you perform exactly the step by step tutorial below you should be able to get rid of the Start.siviewer.com redirect.
Delete all ad-supported software and other PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
Some PUPs, browser hijacking programs and ‘ad supported’ software can be uninstalled by uninstalling the free software they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed applications in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to delete them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of popup ads and browser redirect to the undesired Start.siviewer.com web-site. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of dangerous programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ like below.
You will see a list of software installed on your system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of pop up ads and internet browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the screen below.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Start.siviewer.com redirect
A browser hijacker can hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all internet browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge.
Get rid of Start.siviewer.com from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring FF settings like homepage, new tab and default search provider to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Start.siviewer.com browser hijacker. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Start.siviewer.com search from Google Chrome
Like other modern web-browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the newtab, home page and search engine by default that have been changed by the Start.siviewer.com browser hijacker.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your internet browser’s home page, newtab and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Start.siviewer.com start page from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as newtab, startpage and search engine by default having been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove Start.siviewer.com hijacker
Many antivirus companies have made programs that allow detect and remove browser hijacker, and thereby restore installed browsers settings. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to run. You system can have lots of PUPs, ad-supported software and hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after rebooting the computer, then start your PC into Safe Mode and use the antimalware tool once again.
Remove Start.siviewer.com homepage with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your system of the hijacker. The tool is an advanced malware removal application created by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you remove PUPs, hijackers, ad supported software, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Please download Zemana anti-malware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti-malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC system for the browser hijacker which redirects your browser to the Start.siviewer.com unwanted web-page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When it completes the scan, you may check all items found on your PC system.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the task is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Run Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
Remove Start.siviewer.com hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, PUPs, toolbars and ad supported software that your computer can be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes on your computer from the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When the download is complete, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the set up file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click Finish button. Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker that cause a reroute to Start.siviewer.com. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
When the system scan is finished, you’ll be opened the list of all detected threats on your PC system. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected” button. The Malwarebytes will begin removing Start.siviewer.com hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to remove hijacker infection and other malware.
Use AdwCleaner to delete Start.siviewer.com redirect
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and run to get rid of hijackers, adware, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You can run this tool to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
Download AdwCleaner utility by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
When the download is complete, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” to perform a system scan for the Start.siviewer.com browser hijacker that redirects your internet browser to the Start.siviewer.com undesired page. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
When it completes the scan is finished, it will display a list of found threats as shown below.
In order to remove all items, simply press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK” to start the cleaning procedure. Once the clean-up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your personal computer. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
How to block Start.siviewer.com
We suggest to install an ad-blocking program that can block Start.siviewer.com and other unwanted web sites. The ad blocker tool like AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious web-sites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up advertisements, web-sites such Start.siviewer.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Start.siviewer.com hijacker
To sum up
After completing the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge will no longer show Start.siviewer.com intrusive startpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- As the scanning ends, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Start.siviewer.com .