There are many types of malware and one of them is adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The ‘ad supported’ software, which causes the appearance of Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up advertisements or the redirect to this annoying web-site, have a negative impact on the functioning of your computer. It changes machine settings, generates a large amount of various ads, slows down the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge and the speed of your internet connection. Moreover, it may lead to the fact that web sites are slow to load and the browser interface can even freeze. The main function of the ‘ad supported’ software is showing advertisements, so it may redirect your web-browser to an intrusive web site like Adskeeper.co.uk, instead of the one that you want to visit.
Technically, the ad-supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates lots of ads. It may download and install on to your PC other harmful and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit misleading or malicious web pages. Moreover, the ad supported software can install web browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll replace your web-browser setting such as homepage, newtab page and default search engine with an unwanted site.
Table of contents
- What is Adskeeper.co.uk
- Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up advertisements removal steps
- How to remove Adskeeper.co.uk pop ups without any software
- Uninstall potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to remove Adskeeper.co.uk redirect
- Remove Adskeeper.co.uk ads from Chrome
- Remove Adskeeper.co.uk ads from Firefox
- Delete Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements automatic removal
- How to remove Adskeeper.co.uk pop ups without any software
- Use AdBlocker to stop Adskeeper.co.uk and stay safe online
- Where the Adskeeper.co.uk popup ads comes from
- Finish words
The ‘ad supported’ software can change the settings of the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web-browser to see Adskeeper.co.uk annoying advertisements.
We strongly suggest that you perform the step-by-step guidance below that will allow you to delete Adskeeper.co.uk redirect using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up advertisements removal steps
There are several steps to deleting the adware that cause annoying Adskeeper.co.uk pop ups to appear, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown applications, then delete malicious addons from the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge and other browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your browser settings to get rid of any changes the adware has made, and then check your PC system with Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or AdwCleaner to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
How to remove Adskeeper.co.uk pop ups without any software
The step-by-step tutorial will help you get rid of Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up ads. These Adskeeper.co.uk removal steps work for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Uninstall potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility which is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the intrusive Adskeeper.co.uk web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks which have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will open a prompt which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed in the following example.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious application. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to remove Adskeeper.co.uk redirect
The ‘ad supported’ software may hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click on the shortcut of infected browser as on the image below.
Select the “Properties” option and it will display a shortcut’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as displayed below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all browsers which are redirected to the Adskeeper.co.uk unwanted web page.
Remove Adskeeper.co.uk ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and default search engine that have been replaced by adware that causes web browsers to display undesired Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up ads.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web-browser’s startpage, newtab and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Adskeeper.co.uk ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings like home page, new tab page and default search engine have been replaced by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Delete Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of ad supported software that designed to reroute your web browser to various ad web-pages like Adskeeper.co.uk, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, new tab page and default search provider to default state.
Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements automatic removal
There are not many good free antimalware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, ad-supported software, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We recommend to run several programs, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you remove all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Adskeeper.co.uk redirect.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Adskeeper.co.uk redirect
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can remove ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacker infections and other malware from your PC system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC system resources.
Now you can set up and use Zemana Free to get rid of Adskeeper.co.uk ads from your browser by following the steps below:
Click the following link to download Zemana AntiMalware installation package named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your computer.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
Start the installer after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this utility on your PC system.
During installation you can change some settings, but we suggest you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is done, this malicious software removal tool will automatically launch and update itself. You will see its main window as on the image below.
Now press the “Scan” button to start checking your PC system for the adware that causes browsers to show undesired Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your machine and the speed of your system. While the Zemana utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
After the scan is finished, you can check all items detected on your machine. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will begin to delete adware which causes undesired Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements. When the task is finished, you can be prompted to restart your machine to make the change take effect.
Scan and clean your PC system of ‘ad supported’ software with Malwarebytes
We advise using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you delete annoying Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up ads from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Please download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: September 28, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your system for the adware which causes unwanted Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the clean up is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan and free your machine of adware with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove adware that causes multiple undesired advertisements and pop-ups, hijackers, malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You can use this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: September 29, 2017
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After the downloading process is complete, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” for checking your personal computer for the ad-supported software that causes internet browsers to display annoying Adskeeper.co.uk advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. During the scan AdwCleaner will detect all threats present on your PC system.
- When AdwCleaner completes the scan, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Next, you need to click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your PC, press “OK”.
The step by step tutorial shown in detail in the following video.
Use AdBlocker to stop Adskeeper.co.uk and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your system against new intrusive advertisements and harmful web sites, you need to run ad blocking program that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the application may stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Installing the AdGuard ad-blocking application is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
When the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up advertisements, pages such Adskeeper.co.uk, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Where the Adskeeper.co.uk popup ads comes from
Once you’ve complete the guidance outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software. The Firefox, Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge will no longer show annoying Adskeeper.co.uk web site when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Adskeeper.co.uk ads.