The Securesearch.co instead of your startpage is a sign of appearance of browser hijacker on your computer. It can bring a security risk to your computer. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Securesearch.co is just a web-page, but the hijacker infection uses it to rewrite your new tab, start page and search provider by default, without your permission and desire to see it. The Securesearch.co as your start page can be just the beginning, because your PC system is infected with a malware, that in the future can increase the amount of problems with the Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Internet, and more, can lead to crash the internet browser.
Table of contents
- What is Securesearch.co
- Remove Securesearch.co redirect
- Remove Securesearch.co home page without any utilities
- How to get rid of Securesearch.co search with free programs
- Block Securesearch.co redirect and other annoying pages
- How can you prevent your machine from the attack of Securesearch.co hijacker
- To sum up
In addition, the Securesearch.co hijacker can also change the search provider selected in the internet browser. When you try to search on the infected web browser, you will be presented with search results, consisting of ads and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur links that lead to unwanted and ad web-pages.
Moreover, an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) may be additionally installed on to your PC system by this hijacker, that will open a large amount of advertisements, or even massive full page advertisements that blocks surfing the Internet. Often such these ads can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted applications or visit harmful web-sites.
The browser hijacker like Securesearch.co often alter all browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit various unwanted pages and display unwanted ads. As a result, your browser can still reroute you to an annoying web site despite your internet browser is actually clean of hijacker infection.
The tutorial below explaining steps to remove Securesearch.co search problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the browser hijacker that may attack Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and MS Edge and other popular web-browsers. The guide will help you restore your current settings of installed web-browsers which previously replaced by hijacker.
Remove Securesearch.co redirect
There are several steps to deleting Securesearch.co search, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown software, then remove malicious plugins from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and MS Edge and other internet browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your web-browser settings to remove any changes Securesearch.co browser hijacker has made, and then scan your machine with Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner to ensure the hijacker infection is fully removed. It will take a while.
Remove Securesearch.co home page without any utilities
The instructions will help you get rid of Securesearch.co start page. These Securesearch.co removal steps work for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Removing the Securesearch.co, check the list of installed programs first
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Fix infected internet browsers shortcuts
Important to know, most anti-malware applications that are able to delete browser hijacker infection, but unable to find and recover altered shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge web browsers manually.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Securesearch.co from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the browser hijacker infection, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s home page, newtab page and search engine by default that have been replaced by hijacker.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your internet browser’s newtab page, home page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Securesearch.co start page from FF
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to Securesearch.co web-page.
Run the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Securesearch.co browser hijacker. When, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Securesearch.co from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker infection such as Securesearch.co.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
Once the process is done, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s homepage, new tab page and search provider by default to default state.
How to get rid of Securesearch.co search with free programs
Use malware removal utilities to remove Securesearch.co automatically. The freeware utilities specially created for browser hijacker, ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted software removal. These tools can remove most of hijacker infection from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and IE. Moreover, it can remove all components of Securesearch.co from Windows registry and system drives.
How to automatically delete Securesearch.co with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to detect and get rid of Securesearch.co startpage from your PC system. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the personal computer.
- Please download Zemana Anti Malware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the AntiMalware will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out Securesearch.co browser hijacker and other malware and ad-supported software. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After it has finished scanning, you will be opened the list of all detected items on your computer.
- In order to delete all threats, simply click the “Next” button. The utility will delete Securesearch.co hijacker and other kinds of potential threats like malicious software and adware and add items to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Automatically delete Securesearch.co with Malwarebytes
You can get rid of Securesearch.co start page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily delete hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Once downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your computer for the Securesearch.co hijacker and other security threats. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan it’ll detect all threats present on your system.
- When it completes the scan, it will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected”. After the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video offers a guidance on how to remove hijackers, ad-supported software and other malware with Malwarebytes.
Delete Securesearch.co redirect from browsers with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti malware or Zemana anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we recommends to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, ad supported software, PUPs and toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 4, 2019
- Once the download is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, click “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out browser hijacker which designed to reroute your browser to the Securesearch.co site. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the system scan is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block Securesearch.co redirect and other annoying pages
If you surf the Web, you can’t avoid malvertising. But you can protect your internet browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocking program. AdGuard is an ad blocking which can filter out a huge count of of the malicious advertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
Installing the AdGuard ad blocking application is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, pages such Securesearch.co, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your machine from the attack of Securesearch.co hijacker
To sum up
After completing the few simple steps shown above, your machine should be free from browser hijacker infections, adware and malicious software. The Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge will no longer display Securesearch.co annoying startpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.