How to remove Cyber Security (Uninstall instructions)

Cyber Security is a rogue antispyware program that looks similar to widely spread rogue antispyware application called Total Security. Cyber Security is installed thought the use of trojans. Once the trojan is installed, it will install Cyber Security on infected computer and will configure it to run automatically every time, when computer starts. Immediately after launch, Cyber Security starts scanning the computer and list a variety of threats that will not be fixed unless you first purchase the program. All of these threats are fake, so you can safely ignore them.

CyberSecurity
Cyber Security

When Cyber Security is running your PC will show fake security alerts from Windows taskbar and nag screens. Some of the alerts:

Cyber Protection Center
Cyber Protection Center reports that ‘Cyber Security’ is
inactive. Antivirus software helps to protect your computer
againts viruses and other security threats. Click here for the
suggested actions. Your system might be at risk now.

Cyber Security – vulnerable file(s) found!
Cyber Security has identified that some documents nd files can be vulnerable to viruses.
You may lose your personal data and infect other network computers.

Cyber Security – Threats Detected
WARNING! 42 Threats detected!!!

However, all of these alerts are a fake and like scan false results should be ignored. Also the rogue will display fake Windows Security Center that called Cyber Protection Center that will recommend you register Cyber Security. Instead of doing so, use these Cyber Security removal instructions below in order to remove this infection and any associated malware from your computer for free.

More Cyber Security screen shoots

O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [wow64main.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\wow64main.exe
O2 – BHO: &Google Toolbar Help – {35A5B43B-CB8A-49CA-A9F4-D3B308D2E3CC} – C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelpmod.dll
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [CS] C:\Program Files\CS\cs.exe
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [CSec] C:\Program Files\CSec\cs.exe

Use the following instructions to remove Cyber Security (Uninstall instructions)

Step 1.

Download Avenger from here and unzip to your desktop.

Run Avenger, copy,then paste the following text in Input script Box:

Drivers to delete:
UACd.sys

Registry keys to delete:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{35A5B43B-CB8A-49CA-A9F4-D3B308D2E3CC}

Folders to delete:
%ProgramFiles%\CS
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\CSecUninstall
%ProgramFiles%\CSec

Files to delete:
%WinDir%\system32\iehelpmod.dll

You will be asked Are you sure you want to execute the current script?. Click Yes. You will now be asked “First step completed — The Avenger has been successfully set up to run on next boot. Reboot now?”. Click Yes.

Your PC will now be rebooted.

Step 2.

Select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan, it will start scanning your computer for Cyber Security infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.

mbam

Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected for start Cyber Security removal process. When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.

Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.

Cyber Security creates the following files and folders

C:\Program Files\CS
C:\Program Files\CS\tsc.exe
C:\Program Files\CS\system.dat
C:\Program Files\CSec
C:\Program Files\CSec\cs.exe

Cyber Security creates the following registry keys and values

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\wow64main.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\CSec

October 7, 2009 on 8:55 am | In Rogue Anti Spyware, Tutorials - HowTo | 185 Comments |

1. thx dude i love you

Comment by anton — October 10, 2009 #

2. Thank you ! I fallowed all steps and it worked ! Thanks again !

Comment by Melissa — October 10, 2009 #

3. It worked ! Thanks !

Comment by Melissa — October 10, 2009 #

4. Thanks its working

Comment by Saxon — October 11, 2009 #

5. thanks a lot it really helped

Comment by roger — October 11, 2009 #

6. I did that (Download Avenger from here and unzip to your desktop.

Run Avenger, copy,then paste the following text in Input script Box:

Drivers to delete:
    UACd.sys

Folders to delete:
    %ProgramFiles%\CS)

and then my computer restart and now doesnt wanna start to run…it stay in the page that says WINDOWS XP and seems to be it is charching but it stays like this for hours and my computer doesnt work… what should i do?

Did i lose all the information?

Comment by talullah — October 11, 2009 #

7. talullah, probably a trojan has removed a few system files or damaged a Windows registry.
    Try boot your computer in the Last Good configuration.
    * Restart your computer
    * After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
    * Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
    * Select the “Last Good configuration” option and press Enter.

Comment by Patrik — October 11, 2009 #

8. Hi Patrick!!! thank you so much. It seems to be that it worked, but i still have that Cyber Security. What i have to do

Comment by talullah — October 11, 2009 #

9. this trick and the softwares are working ……
    thanx for this

Comment by keshav puri — October 11, 2009 #

10. I tried to dl Avenger and it says winzip is no longer valid on my pc

Comment by help — October 11, 2009 #

11. I think it was a good idea sofar…

Comment by nomad — October 11, 2009 #

12. it says a valid script must begin with a command directive

Comment by aditya — October 11, 2009 #

13. it happened i tried to enter
    UACd.sys

Comment by aditya — October 11, 2009 #

14. talullah, once Windows loaded, right click to task bar. Click TaskManager. In the list of processes click to tsc.exe, then End process button, click Yes for confirm. Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-malware. Perform a full scan.
    If Malwarebytes did not remove Cyber Security, then ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 11, 2009 #

15. aditya, check the inserted script twice. Looks like you have made a mistake.

Comment by Patrik — October 11, 2009 #

16. How do I know that this is going to work and not just make my computer worst?

Comment by Getting pissed — October 11, 2009 #

17. Both used programs (Avenger and Malwarebytes Anti-malware) are legitimate spyware removal tools.
    Avenger homepage – swandog46.geekstogo.com
    MalwareBytes homepage – malwarebytes.org

Comment by Patrik — October 11, 2009 #

18. it worked!
    thanks soo much!

Comment by thankful — October 12, 2009 #

19. Do not purchase Cyber Security, Spyware Doctor, Spyhunter, Stopzilla or any software claiming to remove this fake virus. CS is a rogue anti-spyware application that uses notifications and fabricated system scans to scare users. CS cannot effectively detect or remove computer parasites. You can move around the fake defender to access files and websites by using the back and forth tabs. To Remove CS do the following steps: startup/computer/OS(C):/Program Files (x86)/CS right click delete/Recycle Bin/Empty Recycle Bin. To Remove the fake notification, upgrade windows with latest software IE8. YogiRock.

Comment by Rock — October 12, 2009 #

20. Thank you Rock. Also, a System Restore will do the trick. None of the software recommended will help because the virus will either disable it or bypass it, so don’t bother.

Comment by bluehippo — October 13, 2009 #

21. I have a question. This morning before I left for work my computer system had a message on the screen and it informed me that it would shut down my system due to a virus. After it was rebooted Cyber Security popped up on my computer, and I scanned my computer with the Cyber security. As shown above it stated my computer had 42 viruses. So I registered so that I could get them removed. I entered my personal information and purchased the 1 year subcription with my credit card. It then asked me to turn off my firewall to activate this program and I stopped at that point. Also It asked me to protect the same files shown above but after reading the file names I believed that I had made a mystake with this cyber security. What should I do at this point.

Comment by Jamar — October 14, 2009 #

22. Jamar, I suggest you contact your bank and dispute the charges (make charge back) as this software is a scam.

Comment by Patrik — October 14, 2009 #

23. Help please! After downloading and installing Malwarebytes Anti-malware, I select scann but nothing seems to happen as the window of Malwarebytes disappears immediately. Please let me know that this is normal and I just have to wait for long time as the progamme is running in the back ground..

Comment by Dat — October 14, 2009 #

24. Thanks so much!!!

Comment by Lindsey — October 14, 2009 #

25. YOU ARE SUCH A GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD!!! :D woo hoooooo!!

Comment by amanda — October 14, 2009 #

26. Hey…
    I just downloaded Avenger and it turned out to be a Trojan virus? It was detected by my AVG Anti-Virus program. Now… How can heal this one?

Comment by Cherry — October 15, 2009 #

27. Dat, is not normal. Looks like a trojan blocks MBAM. Ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 15, 2009 #

28. Cherry, no, Avenger is clean and its not virus. Avenger used to remove components of Cyber Security. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between “good” and “malicious” use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

Comment by Patrik — October 15, 2009 #

29. Hello I did this and I’m not sure if it’s removed because I used the Spyware Doctor I downloaded (trial) to scan and it still found items despite me doing the steps above. The results are the same before and after. HERE: tinypic.com/r/2lnhl5j/4

However, I read somewhere that Spyware Doctor does not remove Cyber Security.

Also, my files have funny blue symbols at the bottom left corners. I read somewhere that Cyber Security also causes funny icons to pop out. HERE: tinypic.com/r/29wpaq8/4

Thereafter, I used Malwarebytes to rescan and it found nothing. Then why do the 2 programmes show different results?

Please help clarify if Cyber Security is removed and if my computer is safe now. Thanks a lot.

Comment by hi — October 15, 2009 #

30. Sorry here are the links to the screen shots again.
    i35.tinypic.com/2lnhl5j.jpg and i33.tinypic.com/29wpaq8.png

Comment by hi — October 15, 2009 #

31. Please help, I tried entering ‘UACd.sys’ in the input scrit box, but it says ‘Error valid script: A valid script must begin with a command directive. Aboting execution!’ What should I do? & do I enter ‘%ProgramFiles%\CS’ in the input scrpit box too? But how? Leave a space then enter it? Sorry, I really need help. Hope I get a reply ASAP. Thank you in advance. (:

Comment by HANNNAH — October 15, 2009 #

32. I downloaded the avenger and when computer went to reboot the screen went black with the Cyber Protection Center screen up

Comment by Sherri — October 16, 2009 #

33. Is it just follow the instructions I’ll be able to get rid of the cyber security? It is not in my control panel anymore. Does this mean that it’s already removed?

Comment by HANNNAH — October 16, 2009 #

34. HANNNAH, you should insert the script:

Drivers to delete:
    UACd.sys

Folders to delete:
    %ProgramFiles%\CS

If it does not work for you, then ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 16, 2009 #

35. Sherri, please make a new topic in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 16, 2009 #

36. Followed instructions and Cyber Security appears to be gone. However, I am still not able to view or open the task manager.

Comment by CCE — October 17, 2009 #

37. hello could you reply to my question?

Comment by hi — October 18, 2009 #

38. hi, please ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 18, 2009 #

39. CCE, please follow these steps.

Comment by Patrik — October 18, 2009 #

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help. You saved my computer, and for free. You are literally my hero!!! The registry values are too complicated for me to understand. Thanks again.

Comment by Becks McLaughlin — October 19, 2009 #

41. unable to unzip avenger program. windows blocks it. unblock function doesn’t work. any suggestion

Comment by shah — October 19, 2009 #

42. shah, right click to task bar.
    Click TaskManager.
    Open processes tab.
    In the list of processes click to tsc.exe, then click to End process button, click Yes for confirm. Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-malware. Perform a full scan.

Comment by Patrik — October 19, 2009 #

43. Hi!
    Thanks for your valuable help that has successfully helped me to uninstall ‘Cyber Protection’ from my PC. The step-wise instructions has really saved my time and valuable data stored on the PC. Thanks you once again.

Comment by Sanjay Sharma — October 20, 2009 #

44. i cant make it work help me sir i follow the instruction very slowy and surely and it didnt work

Comment by emman — October 20, 2009 #

45. hello everyone!!!! Can you please help? i tried to download MBAM but our antivirus said that the setup was a trojan and can’t download it…. Help!!!! PS please…. i am just 10 years old. :D

Comment by Debbie — October 20, 2009 #

46. Patrik,
    This seems to have stopped me from even getting on the internet. Ever since I got invaded with this Cyber Security now my computer says it can’t detect any internet connections (I use wireless) and yet I’m on another computer and I’m having no problems with the connection? Is this related you think? Thank you.

Comment by Liz — October 20, 2009 #

47. thanks for the tip patrick . but Melwarebyte did not remove cyber security. anything else I can do

Comment by shah — October 20, 2009 #

48. Thank you Very Much! : )

Comment by Smokey — October 20, 2009 #

49. i dunno what to do i downloaded the avenger and it said there was malicious software on it

Comment by crystal — October 20, 2009 #

50. You ROCK!!!!!!!! After struggling with this for 2 days, and trying many different approaches, yours worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I actually already had MalwareBytes installed previously and it was somehow corrupted. I then uninstalled and did everything you said, and CS is now gone. Thank You!

Comment by Maria S. C. — October 21, 2009 #

51. Liz, download Avenger and MalwareBytes to your current PC, after that move both files to infected computer using a cd disk or flash drive.

Comment by Patrik — October 21, 2009 #

52. How do I unzip the venger file to my desktop? I thought I was supposed to extract the file but when I do, It says avenger is a trojan and I think it deletes it. Please help!

Comment by Les — October 21, 2009 #

53. i had cyber security before & now its all gone.
    ALL THANKS TO YOU :)
    sending love from australia .

Comment by louis — October 21, 2009 #

54. Thank you so much. I followed the instructions and my computer is all cleaned up.

Comment by Pamela Lynn — October 21, 2009 #

55. Need help, i already download avenger but i could run the program because Mc Afee does not allow. What should i do?

Comment by Bhing — October 22, 2009 #

56. Les, open TaskManager by right click to task bar and Click TaskManager.
    Open processes tab.

Comment by Patrik — October 22, 2009 #

57. Bhing, you need temporarily disable your anti-virus. Re-enable it after using Avenger.

Comment by Patrik — October 22, 2009 #

58. I have vista on the computer that is affected and I cannot get Internet Explorer to work at all. I can’t seem to bypass the message that says \

Comment by Chrome — October 22, 2009 #

59. I have vista on the computer that is affected and I cannot get Internet Explorer to work at all. I can’t seem to bypass the message that says “This website has been reported to be unsafe” so downloading any program is prohibited. What can I do to get on the right track?

Thanks in advance.

Comment by Chrome — October 22, 2009 #

60. When i do step for MalwareBytes Anti-malware scan it runs for 4 second then stops. i tried reinstalling again and again but still the same thing. Please Help.. because the program affect my company computer. Need urgent solution, advice and help…pls

Comment by Iris — October 22, 2009 #

61. Thank u, thank u, thank u, thhank u , thank u.
    U r my hero dude omg. I was about to buy one of those over price antiviris programs beofre I read this. U rule man.

Comment by Jorge Ramoa — October 23, 2009 #

62. Chrome, you need to manually stop Cyber Security process (tsc.exe). Open and use Task manager for it (read my comments above).

Comment by Patrik — October 23, 2009 #

63. Iris, make a new topic in our Spyware removal forum with details of your problem.

Comment by Patrik — October 23, 2009 #

64. Iris, had the same problem. To install change mbam-setup.exe to anything else e.g. gnashingofteeth.exe. The program will install but not run yet.
    Go to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and change ‘mbam.exe’ to anything you like e.g. gotyayabas.exe. Double click on this file in Windows Explorer and the program opens.

Worked for me anyway.

Comment by Stormy1954 — October 23, 2009 #

65. I’m up to the bit where you scan with the MBAM thing. And it won’t stay open. Now I’ve got three “Anti-virus” things that don’t work!!! :@

Comment by Robert — October 23, 2009 #

66. This is Perfect… IT WORKS, Thank you so much, I am 16 and I have to do all the repairs to our computer. This started because a pop-up box kept… well popping up while my mom was on the computer so she downloaded it!-.-
    Thanks to people like you who make lives of people like me easier…..

Comment by Cameron — October 23, 2009 #

67. Thank goodness for ppl like you who use their knowledge of computers to help others.

Comment by Mark — October 24, 2009 #

68. This is the easiest way to fix it. Takes like 30 seconds and its what the people at cyber security tell you to do. Good luck. This was a really annoying problem.

Open My computer, choose Disk C;
    2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>CSUninstall=>Uninstall
    3. Run the file Uninstall.lnk

Comment by Dave — October 24, 2009 #

69. Hi! I used your program and followed the steps. However, when I go into the control panel and click add/remove programs it still says that Cyber Security is still on the list. Does this mean that the program didn’t work? Or what’s the deal? Please help!

Comment by Kelly — October 25, 2009 #

70. THANK YOU!!!

Comment by matt — October 25, 2009 #

71. Select “Cyber Security” and click Uninstall to remove it from the list.

Comment by Patrik — October 25, 2009 #

72. I am in AWE!ABSOLUTELY stunned that this WORKED! I recently went through cancer and I feel like THAT was less frustrating to me than trying to get this dang “&^%&%*” crap software off my son’s very expensive gaming and media center computer! Your the CURE for Computer Cancers in my book!!! I have been up for nearly 48 hrs trying to get this thing fixed. I finally found your site and in like 30 min (includes distrations for a single mom!) it was GONE!!! Your my PC Doc and my Hero!
    Thank You So Much! :)
    Jenny

Comment by Jenny — October 25, 2009 #

73. PATICK’S WAY IS GOOD, BUT DAVE’S WAY IS FASTER, EASIER AND LESS FRUSTRATING.THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment by josh — October 25, 2009 #

74. thank you soooooo much. so easy to do. thought it was gonna be a complicated process!!! john and edward all the way……yeehaaaaaa

Comment by sinead dublin ireland — October 25, 2009 #

75. Avenger opened after a lot of difficulty but when I pasted what u had written it did not start some error it said .Downloaded malware bytes five time ,changed name etc still it does not open.Nothing has helped me I am desperate .Please help.

Comment by mona — October 26, 2009 #

76. i even tried to open my windows task manager to delete the tsc.exe i could not find it i did however get scannin process with cpu of 29 ands mem usage of 1,94,846 and ended that .Nothing on my computer works.Where do i get ur Spyware removal forum.Thanks

Comment by mona — October 26, 2009 #

77. mona,our Spyware removal forum here

Comment by Patrik — October 26, 2009 #

78. what happens if you purchased it?

Comment by anto — October 26, 2009 #

79. anto, Cyber Security is a fake antivirus. You need make a chargeback.

Comment by Patrik — October 26, 2009 #

80. In your search box type in the following and delete it:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\CSUninstall\Uninstall

Comment by Sarah — October 26, 2009 #

81. how do i do that? will they still have my credit card details?

Comment by anto — October 26, 2009 #

82. Had major problems getting this deleted off.
    Had to download Firefox so that I could download Malware etc. Once this was done, just follow the instructions. This is such a fantastic piece of help.
    Thanks again

Comment by Lindsay — October 26, 2009 #

83. excellent help. I had to download Firefox as Cyber Security was blocking Google.
    Once this was done, I just followed the instructions and it sorted everything out

Comment by Lindsay — October 26, 2009 #

84. i have gotten rid of cyber security by downloading spyware doctor and norton 360 HOWEVER MY TASK MANAGER IS STILL NOT WORKING IT LITERALLY SAYS “TASK MANAGER HAS BEEN DISABLED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR” can someone please help me enable my task manager

Comment by prissy — October 27, 2009 #

85. i did the process listed at the top of the page and it appears to have worked however there is still a red shield in the bottom right corner popping out balloons saying your computer is at risk, but everything else has stopped so i am grateful but is there anyway i can get rid of this red shield, any advice will be appreciated

Comment by brad — October 27, 2009 #

86. Thank You for all your help this method really works. If anyone is unsure this is safe and takes about 30 minutes. Thanks a lot again.

Comment by Arthur — October 27, 2009 #

87. patrik maybe u could help me…i did all the steps but the problem is that when i run malware and do the full scan and quick scan.it doesn’t find the CS program so what should i do to get rid of it?

Comment by Eddy — October 28, 2009 #

Thanks in advance. sir,
    My PC affected Cyber Security virus.. the problem is i downloaded malwarebytes and succesfully installed. but i cannot run it. i mean it doesn’t open. when i double click only couple of ‘ding’ sound coming. does this virus prevent it from running? any solution?

Comment by salman — October 28, 2009 #

89. If the instruction does not help you, then ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 28, 2009 #

90. will this instruction run on a safe mode? I can not start on a normal boot because when CS pops-up, it restarts the computer.

Comment by Axel — October 28, 2009 #

91. Man thanks a lot! It worked great. Thanks again for your help.

Comment by Charles — October 28, 2009 #

92. Patrick the name listed above the shield is \

Comment by brad — October 28, 2009 #

93. Patrick the name above the shield icon is “windows security alert” I have spyware doctor and malwarebytes anti malware and am running them, The avenger file got rid of the cyber security. is there an avenger file for this? If not what do you suggest? thank you in advance

Comment by brad — October 28, 2009 #

94. This is the FASTEST way to Fix this problem

Thanks to Dave who posted this on October 24th the instructions are just below my rant in the following paragraph.

***BTW My brother is a agent for the FTC and works in the FRAUD division, one of his Frat Bros is a IRS agent to boot so I\’m passing this[Cyber Security] Rouge Trick Bag along for them to take a look at. I have also reported this to the Attorney General of Arkansas where I live. I enlist the readers of this column to so the same in their jurisdictions. This outfit needs to be put away.***

Open My computer, choose Disk C;
    2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>CSUninstall=>Uninstall
    3. Run the file Uninstall.lnk

Comment by Russ Mullin — October 28, 2009 #

95. brad, windows security alert uses random file names to hide itself. Ask for help in our Spyware removal forum to remove it.

Comment by Patrik — October 28, 2009 #

96. can someone please help me to get my task manager to start working again since i have gotten rid of cyber security

Comment by prissy — October 28, 2009 #

97. Patrick,
    I have followed the steps; however, whenever I try to open Malware the scan screen will only open for a second and then disappear. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Dawn

Comment by Dawn — October 29, 2009 #

98. Much appreciated, that has done the trick.

Comment by Sam — October 29, 2009 #

99. many thanks

Comment by Sam — October 29, 2009 #

100. prissy, make a new topic in our Spyware removal forum. I will help you.

Comment by Patrik — October 29, 2009 #

101. thanks!
    I think this finally did the trick.
    that @#$#%$#@!&^$ cyber security

Comment by shani — October 30, 2009 #

102. thanks

Comment by Danilo — October 30, 2009 #

103. I’ve got the same problem as Dawn!
    “I try to open Malware the scan screen will only open for a second and then disappear”

PLEASE HELP!

Comment by lil — October 30, 2009 #

104. OMG THANKS A LOT to Russ Mullin !!I tried this; Files=>Common Files=>CSUninstall=>Uninstall
    and It WORKED! now it’s gone!

Comment by lil — October 30, 2009 #

105. and the Malware works now too! =)

Comment by lil — October 30, 2009 #

106. do you have to pay?

Comment by kishan — October 31, 2009 #

107. Hey… It worked, So Thnx. I fucking Love you. it was helping me… SO THNX

Comment by Michael — October 31, 2009 #

108. I got rid of cyber security by downloading Windows one care which at first did not work so I downloaded Malwarebytes and it scanned and took care of the problem. After I rebooted the Live one care also cleaned up some files and Cyber Security is gone

Comment by guy — October 31, 2009 #

109. Thank You so much… I though it was over for me… I just got my computer back from the geek squad with a bill over $300 last week… from a virus that wouldn’t allow me to contect to the internet… you just save me from another trip… I will be extra carefully on how i click my mouse…Peace!!!

Comment by G. Mendez III — November 1, 2009 #

110. Thank you so much! I thought it was over for me… I just got my PC back form the geek squad last week with a bill of over $300… A virus that wouldn’t allow me to connect to the internet… plus I had to get a NIC card… I will be more careful on the way I click my mouse!!! Peace…

Comment by G. Mendez III — November 1, 2009 #

111. i dnt like it i want to remove cyber security from my computer

Comment by hatem — November 1, 2009 #

112. Patrick,
    will make a new forum so u can help me out,
    Thanks,
    Prissy

Comment by prissy — November 1, 2009 #

113. When i have the Malware screen open i click on scan, and it goes away. Is it still scanning? How do i get it to stay open?

Comment by caroline — November 1, 2009 #

114. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! i was browsing the web and went on a \

Comment by Rose — November 1, 2009 #

115. / dam thing cut me off lol….was saying i went on a YOUTUBE site and it downloaded itself…cant believe it! and urs was the only walk through that actually worked…thanks, much love and appretiation x x

Comment by Rose — November 1, 2009 #

116. Wow this really works to be honest guys i was stuck i thought cyber security was genuine only to realise that i couldnt uninstall it its a terrible experience! GOD bless you for this service that you provide!

Comment by Fay — November 1, 2009 #

117. It worked! Thx alot mate u’re the best!

Comment by Tommy — November 1, 2009 #

118. I have to add my big fat THANK YOU SO MUCH to the chorus of gratitude for these instructions. I have been trying to remove this butt-ugly virus from my son’s gaming laptop for two days and nothing else worked.

I did have to uninstall a previous version of Malwarebytes and then reinstall it just after running Avenger. Also, Avenger didn’t work the first time– CS popped back up immediately. So I ran it from Safe Mode (which I had to get to from msconfig as F8 wasn’t working either.) But now everything is bee-yoo-tee-ful. Thanks again. You rock!

Comment by Dotificus — November 2, 2009 #

119. verry good :) worked like a mirical for me .. 1st try

Comment by Nims — November 2, 2009 #

120. I cannot get through step one of the cyber removal instructions. I keep getting a box saying it is blocked by windows. What am i doing wrong???? Kind of…..sort of…..computer illiterate here. help:)

Comment by Laurie — November 2, 2009 #

121. I tried doing what Dave 10/24 comment said to do and it seems like it may be gone. Definitely easier than doing the other way. My computer would not let me do it. Hopefully this works. His way literally did take like 30 seconds! Thanks Dave!

Comment by Laurie — November 2, 2009 #

122. Thanks so much for this page and the help on it!:):) Pc is clean, bless you!!

Comment by Maria — November 3, 2009 #

123. I have a unique twist on this issue. Before I arrived at this very informative post, via a link from pctools.com, BTW, I tried going into Safe Mode to run Spyware Doctor from there.

Disaster: once I ran msconfig and set the BOOT.INI to Safeboot (I guess that’s the same as F8) It goes to the Safe Mode option screen upon reboot, but picking any option, including

Comment by Steve Remer — November 3, 2009 #

124. … Last known good configuration makes it seem to start up, running the standard XP startup screen but then it just cycles back to the Safe Mode option screen. So none of the five Safe Mode options produces any successful boot and I don’t know how to unset it. I can’t even get a Command Prompt. HELP.

Comment by Steve Remer — November 3, 2009 #

125. Open My computer, choose Disk C;
    2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>CSUninstall=>Uninstall
    3. Run the file Uninstall

A big thank you for the person who wrote this. Instead of downloading spyware, this was so far the best solution and didn’t cost anything either. Thank you all once again

Comment by mimie — November 3, 2009 #

126. Thanks loads to Russ and Dave for fix: Open My computer, choose Disk C;
    2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>CSUninstall=>Uninstall
    3. Run the file Uninstall

You saved me much time and grief. To those who cause these infections, perhaps time in purgatory with a room full of infected computers and their angry owners would be just the right reward, maybe with an accordian band playing background.

Comment by Mike — November 3, 2009 #

127. PATRICK,
    I POSTED IN THE SPYWARE FORUM ASKING FOR HELP ABOUT THE TASK MANAGER

PRISSY

Comment by prissy — November 4, 2009 #

128. thank you so much! this worked! im CS free!

Comment by Leota — November 5, 2009 #

129. thk u vry vry vry much….
    it’s a help frm GOD…

Comment by jishnu vt — November 6, 2009 #

130. Thanks dude!!! I love you too maaan! That shit helped and I just wanna say you are the truth for that buddy! Thank you more!

Comment by Ces — November 6, 2009 #

131. I need help, the cyber security was installed on my computer, but I removed it with pc tools software. But before I removed it the icons and words on my computer are very large. After removing the worm, I thought that the computer would have gone back to normat, but the words and icons are still super sized. I right clicked on them and chose small icons but that did not work. I need help to fix the problem thank you.

Comment by Nicole — November 6, 2009 #

132. <3 <3 <3 Thank you so much! This helped me tremendously! I FALLOWED ALL OF THE INSTRACTIONS! THANK YOU!!!! :D You are the man. You killed the beast that slept within my Dell Inspiron. Thank you oh great one. You have served your country well. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

p.s. Call me.

Comment by Kristyn & Tasha — November 6, 2009 #

133. I got to the window where it says “Begin quick scan” and then it logs off way too quick. It’s almost like it’s on a time limit. It’s very frustrating as I have tried it several times but all happens the same. It helped me get this far but I can’t go on. Please help me!

Comment by Samantha — November 7, 2009 #

134. Ok I am really lost i downloaded MBAM, but when you try & open it to run the scan it disappears. So I removed the old one & put a new one back on it & I did it again, & again & again it still doesn’t work. And this silly cyber security stuff is still on my computer…Please help

Comment by Beth — November 7, 2009 #

135. Nicole , try change size of icons in the Display options panel.

Comment by Patrik — November 8, 2009 #

136. Samantha and Beth, ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — November 8, 2009 #

137. Thank you,
    Thank you and Thank you again for all your help to uninstall that horrible CYBER SECURITY !!!!!!

Comment by annette wincott — November 8, 2009 #

138. Thanks a lot, Patrik. ^^

Comment by pengmolano — November 8, 2009 #

139. Sorry to bug but I copied and pasted the script under the instructions. However when I do so, I get an error saying that “error could not open runonce key to register cleanup, aborting execution. Please help, what can I do?

Brett

Comment by Brett — November 9, 2009 #

140. Brett, please make a new topic in our Spyware removal forum. I will help you.

Comment by Patrik — November 9, 2009 #

141. AFTER SEARCHING FOR ANSWERES TO GET CYBER SECURITY REMOVED FROM MY COMPUTER I RECALLED SOMETHING I HAD TO DO ON MY OTHER COMPUTER.

I HAVE VISTA BUT IT ALSO WORKS FOR XP (REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER AND HOLD DOWN THE F8 KEY A SCREEN WILL POP UP ARROW DOWN TO SAFE MODE HIT ENTER AND ONCE YOU ARE IN WINDOWS SAFE MODE CLICK ON MY COMPUTER AND GO TO PROGRAM FILES LOOK FOR THE FILE CALLED cs or csec and delete it. THEN REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER THAT SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT robbiet@cableone.net

Comment by ROBBIE — November 9, 2009 #

142. Hi umm for some reason i cannot install Avenger i tried Dave’s way but it says that there is no drive inserted to disk C I’ve fixed the virus problem but I’ve still got annoying Cyber Security on my computer.

Comment by Joe — November 10, 2009 #

143. ROBBIE, if instructions above does not help you, then ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — November 10, 2009 #

144. Joe, try following steps:
    Once Windows loaded, right click to task bar. Click TaskManager. In the list of processes click to cs.exe, then End process button, click Yes for confirm. Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-malware. Perform a full scan.

Comment by Patrik — November 10, 2009 #

145. THANKS IT WORKING , ITS HELP LOT THANKS , THANKS

Comment by MADHUSUDHAN — November 10, 2009 #

146. OMG! you’re so brilliant. thank you so much. you just saved me from being fired. keep it up bro.

Comment by dwayne — November 10, 2009 #

147. I am using Windows XP service pack 2. My system is infected with Cyber security.How can I remove?

Comment by Vhowani Vision — November 11, 2009 #

148. Vhowani, if instructions abobe does not help you, then ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — November 11, 2009 #

149. Hi Patrik, I already insatalled the Malwarebytes, yet it does not open like it was so in the instruction, the perfrom quick scan box. Please help me :( Thanks. I’ll wait for your reply :)

Comment by Jessica — November 11, 2009 #

150. Jessica, you need run Avenger with the script that i have posted above. If it does not help you, then make a new topic in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — November 11, 2009 #

151. Thanks…ding dong the wicked witch is dead.

Comment by Frank — November 11, 2009 #

152. Vhowani Vision I had the exact same thing & have windows xp. I followed the advice of Sean who had placed a comment at: seasonsecurity.com/how-to-uninstall-cyber-security-if-i-cannot-go-online-to-download-anything-to-remove-it-90737
    His comment is toward the bottom.
    I was able to uninstall by doing what he said. You can ‘t uninstall from the add/remove programs & was only able to remove when I went to what you said:

go to Program Files->Common Files->CS Uninstall-> Uninstall, and click the Uninstall.lnk. Afterwards scan your system using an anti-spyware

for those who are not computer knowledgeable (like me)- Program files is under: My computer->Local Disk (C:)-> then your program files.

As soon as I did the last uninstall step – it said uninstalled complete & then the extra icons on the bottom went away as soon as I started my scan on my McAfee Security.

It was SUPER EASY & fast. He also gave a link with more info: 2-viruses.com/remove-cyber-security I haven’t looked at the site but I had come here 1st & because I didn’t want download anything I kept looking for suggestions when I found Seans. Good Luck.

Comment by susan — November 12, 2009 #

153. That Cyber Security Thing Was Doing My Heading. I couldn’t stand it every time i loaded up my laptop it would be there.. thanks to who ever made this script this worked on my windows Vista fully cleaned and no more cyber crap…lol… thank you.. i even tryed it on xp it worked perfect..

email me if you want to moziggy at yahoo.co.uk. For Xp User ONLY. thank you.

Comment by Ziggy — November 12, 2009 #

154. Thanks so much. Saved me a lot of time!

Comment by Leojdpa — November 12, 2009 #

155. SSSSWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!!!!!
    Thank you guys. This was brilliant!!

Comment by JC — November 12, 2009 #

156. Thank you so much, i followed the avenger, then rebooted and took my laptop back to when it worked fine, i then used malware as i already had it on my comp, avenger already got rid of Cyber, thank you so much, sending love x Manchester

Comment by PUSSYCAT — November 13, 2009 #

157. thanks so much

Comment by barbara — November 13, 2009 #

158. hai
    i dont know how to thank you
    i have been trying for months to remove this f****** virus
    n even when i am trying to copy any files from my usb this virus stops it

anywayzzzz thanks a ton for the one who created this website

Comment by omran — November 14, 2009 #

159. Thank you so much! Cyber security alert ruined my afternoon but your advice helped me get rid of it quickly. Thank you, thank you!

Comment by Shannon — November 14, 2009 #

160. trying to get this off

Comment by sherell — November 16, 2009 #

161. Do all of the above removel steps in safemode with networking and you will not have as much trouble! it worked for me!!!

Comment by Cathy — November 16, 2009 #

162. Uhh question… Avenger appears as an iTunes song on the virus PC, and I can’t find any way around this. Any suggestions?

Comment by Ryan — November 16, 2009 #

163. Patrick – thanks for this fix – it has worked a treat! Total time from start to finish was just over an hour.

Comment by Russell — November 16, 2009 #

164. Ryan, try rename avenger.exe to myapp.exe or myapp.com and run it.

Comment by Patrik — November 17, 2009 #

165. It worked! Geewiz man, Thanks sooooo much! this Cyber Security was the most annoying thing I ever experienced! I got to thank you guys with all my heart.

Comment by Jay — November 20, 2009 #

166. HELP!!! I have the same problem as sopmeone else mentioned above I did the first step moved onto the second step by downloading Malware and when i open it up the window diappears and if i try to reopen it when i click on quick scan the window shortly after still disappears. What do i do? I tried downloading it 2 different times??

Comment by Jen — November 20, 2009 #

167. Jen, ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — November 20, 2009 #

168. Hurrah! finally got rid of this ********! Thanks to Dave’s advice, yes going to Common files under Programme files and then uninstall. Finally gone, but no thanks to the support team at cyber, the *****ers!!!!

Comment by Rachy — November 21, 2009 #

169. this site is so amazing, seriously i got rid of thr cyber secruity the worse part was that i am using a office laptop and got this through a link from facebook a youtube vidoe thingi, i hate that person who send it to me and thanks a ton, seriously you will get all happiness in life for helping people

Comment by guru — November 23, 2009 #

170. thank u so much i was really tensed up seeing the cyber security msg..first i thought iwas a goo thing for s/m later i knew it was virus. wi ll i s/m be again infected with cybersec. what precaution can i take for that .protect my pc from virus. i know there is no ultimate solution but still a precaution

Comment by honey — November 23, 2009 #

171. honey, a few simple steps to protect your PC:
    1. Visit Microsoft Update (update.microsoft.com). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for your operating system and IE. Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found.

2. A well protected computer should have at least an antivirus and firewall, an antispyware is also great addition to your computers security.

3. Update all antivirus/antispyware programs regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

4. Many of the exploits are directed to users of Internet Explorer. Try using a different browser – Firefox or Opera.

5. Be careful when opening attachments and downloading files.

Comment by Patrik — November 24, 2009 #

172. I tried to use,
    1. Ctrl+Alt+Delete to remove the CS.
    2. Uninstall at the Common File.

But there is one more under promgram file, “CSec”
    Is it the Cyber Security file?

I still can’t remove CS.
    It just kept on appearing.

Please help!
    Thanks!

Comment by FM — November 24, 2009 #

173. if instructions above does not help you, then ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — November 24, 2009 #

174. thank your the best

Comment by jj — November 26, 2009 #

175. 1. Open My computer, choose Disk C;
    2. Find Program Files=>Common Files=>CSUninstall=>Uninstall
    3. Run the file Uninstall.lnk

this works great for cyber security, I have no computer experience and had no problem.

Comment by Troy — November 26, 2009 #

176. thank u sooo much my computer had a virus be4 but i cleaned it off and it LMOS HAD ANOTHER 1 thank u sooooooo much

Comment by kayla — November 27, 2009 #

177. Damn, this Cyber thing’s a pain in the a**! Two days of he@@ and then I found you guys. I have to say, Patrik you’re a saint! You have more patience then a doctor. I followed the list and yes it took awile but it worked the first time! When I was done with the “scan” it took 57.04 minutes and found 91 problems! You guys save us “computer slackers” $$$! Thanks and if you were here I’d buy you a beer, or two!!!

Comment by Texas friend — December 1, 2009 #

178. Thank you so much. Cyber security was problem for me for one week time. i followed the instruction give in this web site. it was successful to remove the cyber security problem.Thank you again

Comment by Lakkathas — December 5, 2009 #

179. Cyber Security is on computer. Now the computer will not log on it takes me to a blue screen with errors. I can not even gert on safe mode. I need this off this is an important work computer. I am using the personal comp now to try and figure how to get off the other computer

Comment by Tish — December 7, 2009 #

180. Thanks, it works fine !!

Comment by Pius Tharayil — December 9, 2009 #

181. Thank you so much

Comment by Pius Tharayil — December 9, 2009 #

182. Gosh I really thought my computer was a goner – thank you soooooooooooooo much for this program – that cyber security’s a bitch to get rid of!!!!!!!

Comment by Jim — February 10, 2010 #

183. yay~~ my laptop is being infected by this stupid virus…i downloaded both spyware doctor and malwarebytes…both detected the stupid virus and deleted it so i though that the virus is deleted already but too bad my laptop is really working stupidly now….it’s working so slow…as in super slow…like it takes 15-30 minutes to open a file or to open the internet explorer…healp me please! i really need your help since i don’t know much about computer and the technical stuffs!thanks and i’ll be waiting for help…plsssssss heeeeeelp me!

Comment by ginger — February 10, 2010 #

184. how can i make my computer run faster???help!!!!it’s alll because of this stupid cyber security virus!!!!help i’m doing my thesis and because of this virus my computer is running slow…malwarebytes indicated that it already removed cyber security but my computer is really working slow…please help me please!!!!

Comment by ginger — February 10, 2010 #

185. ginger, ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — February 11, 2010 #