PrivacyGuardPro is a rogue privacy program that uses fake alerts and false privacy risks to trick you into buying the software. The rogue privacy program is distributed through the use fake online malware scanners that tells you that your computer has a variety of privacy risks and that you must install PrivacyGuardPro to protect your computer.
Once running, PrivacyGuardPro will scan your computer and list a variety of privacy risks on your computer to trick you to buy the paid version of the rogue. Computer users are urged to avoid purchasing this bogus program! Use the free removal instructions below in order to remove PrivacyGuardPro.
Use the following instructions to remove PrivacyGuardPro (Uninstall instructions).
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.