eXPress Antivirus 2009 is fake (rogue) antivirus program that uses fake alerts and false positives to trick users into buying the fake antivirus. During installation, eXPress Antivirus 2009 configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start Windows. The rogue antivirus may drastically slow the performance of your computer.
Once running, eXPress Antivirus 2009 will scan your PC and list a large amount of infections and, attention, big amount of these “infections” are actually legitimate Windows files. Without these files, your computer would not work correctly. Please ignore all eXPress Antivirus 2009 messages and warnings and use the free removal instructions below in order to remove this fake antivirus.
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log.
O4 – HKLM\..\Run: [av] C:\Program Files\exav\expressav.exe
O6 – HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O7 – HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
Use the following instructions to remove eXPress Antivirus 2009 (Uninstall instructions).
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
If you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.