HostsXpert is a Hosts file Manager, Editor and Helper-outter. HostsXpert is an ultra-groovy Hosts file Manager, Editor and Helper-outter. Below you will find a list of HostsXpert’s important functions.
You can use a HOSTS file to block ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and even most hijackers. This is accomplished by blocking the Server that supplies these little gems.
Some key features of HostsXpert:
- Append File – Allows selection of a file to be appended to your current hosts file.
- Replace File – Allows selection of a file to replace your hosts file.
- Merge File – Allows selection of a file to be merged with your current hosts file.
- Create Backup – Creates a Backup of you current hosts file. Backup file will be placed where ever HostsXpert.exe resides on your Hard drive.
- Restore Backup – Restores the backup hosts file.
- Restore MS Hosts – Restores the hosts file to Microsoft’s original hosts file.
- Add to Hosts Files – Adds the line item into your hosts file.
- Delete Line – Deletes highlighted line from hosts file.
- Comments – Insert # / Remove# – Insert or Remove “#” (comment marker).
- Sort File – Sorts the current hosts file in alphanumeric order, removes all comment lines.
- Swap Localhost – Swaps the current hosts file between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
- Remove Block Items – Removes all blocking lines in the current hosts file.
Download the HostsXpert 3.7 – Hosts File Manager from here