The ESET Online Scanner is a user friendly, free and powerful tool which you can use to remove malware from any PC utilizing only your web browser without having to install anti-virus software. The ESET Online Scanner uses the same ThreatSense® technology and signatures as ESET NOD32 Antivirus, and is always up-to-date.
Using Internet Explorer, click here to open the Eset Online Scanner.
- When prompted to install an ActiveX Control, click the yellow notification bar and select Install ActiveX Control.
- Click the Install button on the Security Warning window which appears
- Once the ActiveX installs click the Start button to download the signature database when prompted
- On the “Computer Scan” options window select Remove found threats ONLY, then click Scan
- A log file of the results can be found at C:/Program Files/EsetOnlineScanner/log.txt
For more information and screen shoots read the article: How to use ESET Online Scanner.